Certification Documentation


Every chapter is required to complete the following in order to draw benefits for any term at UC.

VPS Benefits Form

Complete the VPS Benefits Form. You must first save the PDF and then open with Adobe Reader to complete. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, you can download it here.

Student Schedule

You must submit a hard copy of your finalized schedule, signed and annotated by your advisor specifying which classes are required for your degree. Distance Learning Students do not have to submit a signed schedule from their advisor.

VPS Documents

Please complete the following form that applies to you:

  • Chapter #1606 (Reserve/Guard Member)
  • Chapter #30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill)
  • Chapter #31 (Vocational Rehabilitation) - Veterans with the required % VA Vocational Disability Rating are required to submit a copy of the VA Authorization (form #28-1905) from their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor a minimum of four to six (4-6) weeks prior to the 1st day of classes for the requested benefits term. Once the VPS Office has received this form for students who are using Chapter #31 benefits at UC for the first time, the student must contact our office to provide some basic background data and will need to attend an information session with our staff if the student is pursuing an on-campus program. Students pursuing UC distance learning programs must have their counselor contact our office for benefits certification process details before we will certify the student's enrollment.  These students will be emailed information and required forms for certification for these off-campus programs.
  • Chapter #33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill)
  • Chapter #33 TEB (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill)
  • Chapter #35 (Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance) - We must have your VA file number and suffix on file. Call the VA (1-888-GIBILL-1) with the veteran's social security number to obtain your VA Chapter #35 file number, if necessary.
  • Restart Questionnaire - For students restarting school after skipping a traditional Fall or Spring semester.

Miscellaneous Documents That May Be Required for All Students

  • Students in Distance Learning (-DL) programs must complete the additional paperwork for these programs which will be sent to your UC email address.
  • Students with prior college study, CLEP credit, or AP Credit will need this previous study evaluated by their current program advisor. This will be done by submitting a Prior Study Evaluation Form to your college office. 
  • Our office will email the student this required evaluation form once a file is established for the student in our office.
  • Students with military training or study (Joint Service Transcript/ military experience transcript) have the option to submit these transcripts for evaluation, but are not required to.
  • Students may be emailed other required paperwork, specific to the individual student.