Every chapter is required to complete the following in order to draw benefits for any term at UC.
VPS Benefits Form
The VPS Benefits form must be filled out for each academic year you desire to use benefits; and/or if the student changes their original declared major.
You must submit a hard copy of your finalized schedule, signed and annotated by your advisor specifying which classes are required for your degree. Students enrolled in a dedicated Distance Learning program through Cincinnati Online do not have to submit an advisor-signed schedule EXCEPT for students enrolled in the AAS Fire Service Technology or Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice programs. Online students in the AAS Fire Service Technology or Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice programs MUST submit an advisor signed schedule.
Please complete the following form that applies to you:
- Chapter #1606 (Reserve/Guard Member)
- Chapter #30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill)
- Chapter #31 (Vocational Rehabilitation) - Veterans with the required % VA Vocational Disability Rating are required to submit a copy of the VA Authorization (form #28-1905) from their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor a minimum of four to six (4-6) weeks prior to the 1st day of classes for the requested benefits term. Once the VPS Office has received this form for students who are using Chapter #31 benefits at UC for the first time, the student must contact our office to provide some basic background data and will need to attend an information session with our staff if the student is pursuing an on-campus program. Students pursuing UC distance learning programs must have their counselor contact our office for benefits certification process details before we will certify the student's enrollment. These students will be emailed information and required forms for certification for these off-campus programs.
- Chapter #33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill)
- Chapter #33 TEB (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill)
- Chapter #35 (Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance) - We must have your VA file number and suffix on file. Call the VA (1-888-GIBILL-1) with the veteran's social security number to obtain your VA Chapter #35 file number, if necessary.
- Restart Questionnaire - For students restarting school after skipping a traditional Fall or Spring semester.
Please note that the Questionnaire is a one-time form.