Frequently Asked Questions
Where are games played? Expand
Depending on your sport, games may be played in the Campus Recreation Center, Nippert Stadium, Gettler Stadium, Sheakley Athletics Complex, or Marge Schott Stadium.
When is the sport I want to participate in offered? Expand
How do I suggest a new intramural sport or event? Expand
What do intramural champions receive as a prize? Expand
League winners receive an intramural championship t-shirt. In addition, the team's photo will be displayed on the intramural wall of fame.
Can spectators watch intramural games? Expand
Spectators are invited to watch intramural games. However, if intramural games are in the Campus Recreation Center, and it is not championship night or a special event, participants must purchase a day pass or possess a Campus Recreation Center membership to enter the facility.
Who can play on an intramural team? Expand
UC Intramural Sports are open to current UC students, faculty and staff. These individuals must have an active membership to the UC Campus Recreation Center to be eligible to play.
How many players can I have on my roster? Expand
Can I play on multiple teams? Expand
An individual may play on one gender-specific team of his or her own gender, and one coed team per sport, per season.
Can I have a varsity athlete on my team? Expand
In the same or a similar sport, varsity athletes must sit out 365 days from last participation to be eligible for an intramural team. For example, a varsity football player must sit out a year prior to participating on an intramural flag football team.
How many club athletes can I have on my team? Expand
In a similar sport:
|One competitive club sport player per roster
||3-on-3 Basketball, 4-on-4 Flag Football, 4-on-4 Volleyball, Futsal, Wallyball|
|Two competitive club sport players per roster||5-on-5 Basketball, 6-on-6 Volleyball, 7-on-7 Flag Football, 7-on-7 Soccer, 11-on-11 Soccer, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee|
Club athletes must compete in the most competitive league offered. For example, a club volleyball player cannot play in a Coed Recreational volleyball league if a Coed Competitive league is offered.
How do I register for an intramural sport? Expand
- Pay for your team during the sport's registration period.
- Online -or
- In-Person at the CRC Admin. Office (open weekdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Register your team on IMLeagues.
- Please note: Payment reserves a team's spot in the desired sport/league/night. Registering a team on IMLeagues prior to payment does not hold a spot for a team.
As a captain, is there anything I need to do before the season starts? Expand
Yes, captains must complete two tasks prior to the season start:
1. Complete the online captain's meeting and pass the quiz prior to season start date.
2. Have the minimum number of players confirmed on your IMLeagues roster by the season start date.
For complete instructions on how to do these items, please visit the Intramurals page.
How much does it cost to play in intramurals? Expand
Fees vary based on the sport, please visit our Intramurals page for specific fees.
Please note payment must be received in order to hold a specific league/night spot. Signing up on IMLeagues does not guarantee the desired night/time.
Where/How do I complete the required online captain's quiz? Expand
- After registering your team on IMLeagues, go to your team’s home page.
- At the top of the page will be a red bar that says, “The team captain must pass a quiz for this team. To take the quiz Click Here.” Select Click Here.
- Watch the video and complete the quiz.
- Your score will be displayed. You must correctly answer at least eight of ten questions to pass. If you did not, select Re-take Quiz at the bottom of the page.
- Failure to pass the quiz by the deadline will render the team ineligible for playoffs.
How do create my team on IMLeagues? Expand
- Login to the UC IMLeagues website. If you do not have an account, select Create Account at the top of the page.
- Select Register in the middle of the page.
- Scroll down and select the sport and league that you registered for (e.g., Men's Recreational Basketball).
- Select Create Team under the day/time that you paid for and follow the instructions.
- Your team's status will default to Pending. An administrator will change it to Confirmed within one to three business days of your payment.
How do I change my team name on IMLeagues? Expand
- Login. If you have not logged in before, create an account, or reset password if you are unable to login and already have an account.
- Your team will show up on the ensuing page. Click on the team name.
- On the left side of the page, select Team Options and then Team Settings.
- Type in your new team name and select Change Team Name.
- Your submission will be reviewed by our administrative staff. Team names that are misleading or inappropriate may be rejected and sent back to be resubmitted.
Do I have to add all my players to IMLeagues? Expand
We encourage all captains to add all players on IMLeagues, however just the minimum number of confirmed players is required by the season start:
- 3-on-3 Basketball - Two players
- 4-on-4 Flag Football - Three players
- 4-on-4 Volleyball - Three players
- 5-on-5 Basketball - Four players
- 6-on-6 Volleyball - Four players
- 7-on-7 Flag Football - Five players
- 7-on-7 Soccer - Five players
- 11-on-11 Soccer - Nine players
- Dodgeball - Four players
- Futsal - Four players
- Softball - Nine players
- Ultimate Frisbee - Five players
- Wallyball - Three players
How do I invite a player to my team on IMLeagues? Expand
- Go to the team’s home page in IMLeagues.
- In the middle of the page will be a roster box. Select Invite.
- Enter your team members’ e-mail addresses to invite or you may search using first/last name.
- The player must accept the invitation to be confirmed and added to the roster.
How do I confirm/deny player requests on IMLeagues? Expand
- Go to the team’s home page in IMLeagues.
- If players have requested to be added, there will be a red box near the top of the page that says, “Pending Request! You have # request(s) to join your team. View.” Select View.
- Select Confirm or Deny for each player.
How many games will my team play in? Expand
Each team will be scheduled for at least four regular season games. As long as a team qualifies for playoffs, it is guaranteed at least one (1) additional game.
How does my team make playoffs? Expand
To qualify for playoffs, a team/captain must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- The captain completed the online captain's quiz (through IMLeagues) and passed the online quiz by the communicated deadline.
- The team had zero forfeits during the regular season -OR- paid the $20 reinstatement fee by the communicated deadline if the team had one forfeit.
- The team finished the regular season with a 3.0 average sportsmanship rating or higher.
What time do I have to be at my game? Expand
We recommend being on the field or court at least 10 minutes before your scheduled game time to allow time for warm ups and signing in. If your team is 10 or more minutes late, the game will be forfeited. If your team is one (1) to nine (9) minutes late, your team will incur a late penalty that differs per sport.
My team cannot attend next week's game. What do I do? Expand
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to default your game. If your team defaults (concedes) at least 48 hours in advance, you will not be charged with a forfeit, and you will not need to pay a reinstatement fee.
What is my team allowed to wear? Expand
All players must wear athletic clothing during intramural play. The following restrictions also apply:
- Jewelry is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: fitness bands, bracelets, caps, hats, bandanas, rings, necklaces, and earrings.
- Medical or religious bracelets/necklaces are allowed and must be taped to the skin with medical tape. Sweatbands are also allowed.
- For indoor sports, non-marking athletic shoes must be worn.
- For outdoor sports, metal or detachable cleats are not allowed.
- For flag football, clothing with pockets are not allowed. Pockets cannot be turned inside out or taped shut.
Do you provide jerseys? Can my team purchase jerseys? Expand
We will provide jerseys for use for sports that require jerseys or practice jersey. Teams may purchase their own custom jerseys if they desire. If purchasing jerseys for use in basketball, all digits on the jerseys must be between 0-5. Numbers cannot be three digits or more (e.g.,. 123).
It looks like the weather will be bad tonight. How do I know if my game is cancelled? Expand
Please call our intramural hotline at 513-556-4FUN (4386). This will be the first thing updated in the case of delays or cancellations. All captains will receive an email should their game status change.