COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
What does a party at UC Campus Recreation Center include?
Two hour party for $225, your choice of area!
Choose between any single area of the facility for two hours or mix them up for one hour in your choice of two areas!
Three hour party for $325!
Combine two or three areas for a three hour party! You can spend one hour in all three areas or choose your time frame for your two favorites!
- Prices listed are based on facility rental fees only.
- Costs may change if additional staffing is needed for your party.
- Extra staff is needed in the climbing wall with more than 15 kids attending and over 15 - 20 in the leisure pool (depending on age).
- Cost of extra staff member is $15 per hour
- Cost of extra staff member is $15 per hour
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is due at time of booking
Party Room with Each Reservation!
All of our parties come with access to the Party Room for 30 minutes before your scheduled time, so you can get set up and 30 minutes after, allowing party goers to eat and open presents! The Party Room is just feet away from the leisure pool, making it a perfect place to store bags and towels (perhaps gifts too!).
Parties with 25 or fewer children may bring food and drinks. Parties with 26 children or more must use Classic Fare Catering for their food and beverage needs.
- Extra time in party room can be arranged at time of booking
On the day of your rental we will give all those who parked in the Campus Green a voucher that will reduce the parking rate to just $2! Parking vouchers are available at the Member Services desk. Parking vouchers will not be accepted in the garage on the day of any home football game, home men's basketball game, or home FC Cincinnati game. Limited on-street parking is also available on Martin Luther King and Jefferson Avenues.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand
How many kids can I invite?
- There is no limit to the number of children you can have. We just have to make sure we have enough staff scheduled. We bring in an extra climbing wall staff after 15 kids and over 15 - 20 in the leisure pool (depending on age)
- Please note parties with over 30 children will not be eligible for the listed above party packages. Please book by filling out the facility reservation form which can be found HERE
Can I come in and tour the facility before booking?
- Yes! You are able to come in any time the building is open! Check our hour page which you can find HERE and let the member service staff know you would like a tour looking at the areas for a party.
Can I decorate the party room?
- Yes! Please make sure you have no helium balloons and that you take down your decorations once your party is over.
- Helium balloons can cause issues with our high ceilings and light fixtures.
- Please clean up once your party is finished or a $25 clean fee may be applied.
What size are the tables in the party room?
- There are eight 6ft rectangle tables in the party room.
- More tables can be requested
Do you have a place I can keep food cold?
- The staff member working your party will have access to a fridge and a freezer to keep cake or ice-cream cold.
The Climbing Wall
This is a great adventure for children 5 and up and adults of all ages.Trained staff members secure each individual in a harness before they attempt to climb the 40’ or 28’ foot wall configurations. Do you have some partygoers who are a little nervous with heights? No problem, the bouldering wall offers the opportunity to climb laterally as well as vertically in a ten foot high area. Helmets are required and included in your reservation.
Includes use of two basketball courts (basketballs, volleyballs, corn hole sets provided). The Campus Recreation Center Gymnasium offers a variety of options for birthday parties. Full court basketball games may be a norm, however the gymnasium is equipped to accommodate corn hole competitions and volleyball games as well as other ideas you may have!
Our 84 degree leisure pool provides a family-friendly environment, the pool's zero depth entry and 3'8" greatest depth are perfect for children (and adults) of all ages to enjoy the water. Other features include a lazy river, vortex, bubble couch, and waterfall. Innertubes, pool noodles, and lifejackets are available for your use.
Climbing Wall/Gymnasium Party Rules and Regulations Expand
- One adult may be responsible for no more than five children five years of age and younger.
- All participants must wear non-marking shoes (gym shoes).
- Children must be at least 5 years old and able to fit in available equipment to use the climbing or bouldering walls.
- All participants 17 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet at all times in the Climbing Wall.
Party Room Rules and Regulations Expand
- Parties may bring food and drinks; however everything must stay in the Party Room.
- Parties with 25 or fewer children may bring food and drinks. Parties with 26 children or more must use Classic Fare Catering for their food and beverage needs.
- Parties are responsible for cleaning up after themselves when finished.
- A cleaning fee of $25 will be added to total cost if areas are left unusable once party is finished.
- Balloons are not permitted in the facility.
- A fee of 150% of the party’s hourly cost in the case the party stays beyond the scheduled time listed.
- Since the wet classroom is in the pool area, the temperature is the same as that of the pool deck. It will be warm if you’re in jeans/long sleeves or if you have not been in the pool. Please know this space is meant for an indoor aquatic area and is designed to be utilized by people that have been in and out of the pool. Adults who are not swimming tend to find it hot and humid (around 87-90 degrees with high humidity).
Leisure Pool Party Rules and Regulations Expand
- Due to the unique set up of our facility, no leisure pool reservation is private.
- Children five years of age and younger must be accompanied in the water by an adult (and the adult must actively participate in activities with the child). Lifeguards will remind adults of this policy, if needed, and may require an adult to be in the water with older children who are deemed weak swimmers.
- One adult may be responsible for no more than three children five years of age and younger.
- Children using arm floats, inflatable rings or toys, or life jackets must be no more than an arm’s length from an adult in the water at all times.
Comprehensive Rules & Regulations for Campus Recreation Expand
Reservations are suspended until further notice.
How to Schedule a Party
- Choose party area (swim, climb, gym or any combination of the three)
- Check availability for dates you would like HERE
- Please fill out Birthday party interest form: HERE
- Reservation is confirmed once deposit has been placed and signed paperwork has been returned.
Party already booked?
Here are important documents:
Please schedule parties at least 7 days in advance. We may not be able to accommodate party requests with fewer than 7 days due to staffing needs.
Due to construction you are no longer able to pull up to the building to drop off items or people. Please see map above for new drop off location at University Circle.
Don’t Forget to Bring
- Bathing suits and towels for the pool
- Serving utensils
- Lighter for birthday candles