COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Campus Rec 101
Use this syllabus as a guide to your Campus Rec experience!
Welcome to Campus Rec 101! Don’t go your entire freshman year without visiting the #1 rec center in the country. Use this as a guide to get the most out of your experience at UC. We’re here to help – ask any of our staff if you have questions!
2820 Bearcat Way
Campus Rec Center (Main Campus)
- Located in the heart of main campus.
- Includes the fitness floor with weight and cardio equipment, indoor track, gym courts, pools, climbing wall, racquetball/squash courts, group fitness, locker rooms.
3230 Eden Avenue
Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley (medical campus)
- Located on medical campus in the Medical Sciences Building, enter the building and take the staircase on the left by the elevators when you first walk in.
- Fitness floor with cardio and weight equipment, locker rooms with dry sauna, group fitness. This is a smaller facility than the Campus Rec Center.
- Please note this location is closed until further notice due to COVID-19.
If you have an academic class that says "Rec Center"
- If it has a room 3200-3258, it is in the classrooms above the rec center (you will not use the normal rec center entrance or swipe into the rec). Go to the staircase by Steger starbucks and go up. All of the classrooms are there!
- If it does not have a room #, it is in the rec center. Meet in the Campus Rec breezeway on your first day and look for a sign with your class name. Always remember to bring your UC ID - you will swipe in for class!
Before Your First Day
In order to reduce capacity to state standards and create a safer environment due to COVID-19, a reservation is required to use the fitness floor or lap pool.
Please review instructions on how to reserve your workout time on the fitness floor or lap pool. If you are having trouble making your reservation online, please call Member Services at 513-556-0604 during business hours for assistance.
- Reservations may be made up to three days in advance.
- You are only allowed one fitness floor and one lap pool reservation per day.
What to Expect Your First Day
Show up no more than five minutes before your reservation time and swipe in using your Bearcat ID.
- Go upstairs for cardio and weight equipment, racquetball courts, group fitness classes, track.
- Go downstairs for the pool and locker rooms.
- Due to COVID-19, the climbing wall, gym courts, leisure pool, whirlpool and showers are closed.
- As per university requirements, a facial covering will be required at all times with the exception of while swimming. If an individual has an approved exemption, a face shield must be worn at all times with the exception of while swimming.
- Towel service and equipment checkout are unavailable at this time.
- Group fitness classes are online.
- You will not be able to use a locker so only bring the bare minimum things you need to workout.
- Water fountains will be unavailable. However, water bottle filling stations are so bring a water bottle.
Due to COVID-19, you are allowed only one fitness floor/lap pool reservation each day.
- The Campus Recreation Center is typically busiest from 5-9 p.m. Try getting an early workout in the morning or at lunch, or visiting on the weekends to avoid crowds. If you’re looking for an energetic vibe, visit us in the evening.
- Note: you do not get guest swipes. Due to COVID-19, you may not bring in a guest.
- Never give someone else your ID to enter the rec. It will get confiscated.
Walking directions from the CRC to the Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley
How To Re-Rack Weights and Clean Machines
Suggested Course Materials
- Workout Attire (whatever makes you comfortable and follows policy)
- Water bottle
- Lockers will not be available, so please bring the bare minimum. Never leave your items unattended.
Try something new!
- Sweat it out in an online group fitness class from the comfort of your dorm/apartment/house.
- Personal Training: personal trainers help you set goals and achieve them. They can help beginners get started with a plan or help advance athletes to the next level.
- Swim laps in the lap pool (reservation required).
Everyone gets an A!
Our goal is to see a campus community passionate about pursuing an active, healthy lifestyle. We just want you to come in and do what works for you!
Remember, no one is watching you, everyone is watching themselves! You do you. Dance like no one is watching. Lift like no one is looking. Run like you're chasing your dreams!