COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
The Basics to Get You Started
What is OLLI? (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute)
- Hundreds of non-credit daytime courses for personal enrichment taught with adult learners in mind.
- No tests or grades. Just the joy of learning new things!
What classes are offered?
- Classes from the traditional college subjects to the eclectic, with a diversity of topics in between.
- Course offerings range from one-hour programs to eight-week courses.
- Educational field trips and social outings are offered.
Who are the instructors?
- Educators, professionals and hobbyists–individuals who have deep knowledge and passion for their topics.
Why do people like OLLI?
- It’s a friendly, fun, and engaging community.
- Class content is carefully selected to be relevant, current, and stimulating for adult learners.
- Experiencing new things is good for your brain!
- OLLI is a great place to make new friends!
What does it cost?
- Membership fee is $90, payable each term.
- Once a member, you can register for most one-time programs at no extra charge.
- And, with membership, you can enroll in most multi-week courses for an additional fee of only $5 for the entire term.