COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
History of CES
Academic Advising at UC
- All students achieve their goals through exploration, reflection, and engagement
- We are committed to inclusion, teaching, and lifelong learning
- We are global leaders in advising practice, scholarship, and innovation
Matt D Pickett
Title: Senior Academic Advisor & Adjunct Assistant Professor
Office: French Hall
Matt Pickett comes to UC after thirteen years of employment as a public school band director. Though this may seem like a big jump, both careers are very similar and involve teaching, mentoring, and above all, helping young people to find a meaningful path.
Most recently, Matt built a middle-school band program from the ground up in Hazel Crest, Illinois, just outside of Chicago. Before that, he built another band program at Wilbur Cross High School in New Haven, Connecticut.
Matt enjoys making and listening to music, puzzles of all kinds, digital photography, cooking, and spending time with his wonderful family.
- Master of Music Education, The Hartt School and the University of Hartford, Hartford, CT, 2007 (Instrumental music pedagogy).
- Bachelor of Music Education, Lawrence University, Appleton, WI, 2001.
- Bachelor of Trombone Performance, Lawrence University, Appleton, WI, 2001.
Experience & Service
- -MLTI-1075 DISCOVERING UC