COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Quick Tip #9
Add a Canvas Profile Picture and Change Your Display Name
Your profile picture and display name appear when you send messages, participate in discussions, and comment.
The Canvas Profile picture selected appears when you interact with your class, and can help to create community among your students.
Display names default to the user’s full name, but instructors and students have the option to change it. This is especially helpful for those who might have privacy concerns or for someone who prefers to be called by another name.
To update your Canvas Profile picture:
- Log into your Canvas dashboard and select “Account” from the top, left-hand navigation.
- Select “Profile,” and click on the round person icon to the left of your name.
- Select “Upload a Picture” and click on “choose a picture.”
- After you have added your photo, hit “Save.”
To update your Display Name:
- Log into your Canvas dashboard and select “Account” from the top, left-hand navigation, then “Settings.”
- On the Settings page, click “Edit Settings” in the right-hand column.
- Enter the name you would like others to see in the “Display Name” field.
- Click “Update Settings” to save your changes.