The A&S iPad Project involves a cohort over 25 faculty working to enhance teaching and learning through the use of an iPad in a supportive community. In collaboration with the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (CET&L) and the Center for Excellence in eLearning (CEeL), this projects aims to foster a culture of continuous improvement in teaching with technology. Faculty began meeting in the summer of 2017 to become comfortable using the iPad and many began incorporating the iPad into their teaching and work during the fall 2017 semester. Cohort members are continuing to modify how they use the iPad through the spring 2018 semester as well as gathering feedback and evidence of the impact on their teaching and work.
A&S iPad Project goals:
- Enhance a culture of continuous improvement in teaching with technology
- Support a model of inquiry-based scholarship around pedagogical change
- Create further student engagement through active learning practices
- Enhance personal instructor growth with direct- and peer-support models
- Build community along shared interest and teaching practices