Workshops & Programs
Together with our collaborative partners and expert facilitators, CET&L offers a variety of workshops and course design institutes each year. These programs focus on research-based models and pedagogies, highlight examples of effective practices, and provide opportunities for participants to apply what they learn to their own classroom practices.
Our programming focuses on the following foundational areas:
- Active Learning Strategies, including Flipped Classrooms
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Course Design
- Documenting Effective Teaching
- Experiential Learning
- Pedagogy of Diversity & Inclusion
- Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL)
- Student Engagement & Motivation
- Technology to Enhance Student Learning
- Universal Design for Learning
Workshops and institutes allow members of the UC teaching community to exchange ideas with an interdisciplinary group of colleagues as they explore new teaching and assessment practices. After the program, ongoing support is available through individualized consultations or Faculty Learning Communities.