UCCI has an extensive history in research including conducting independent research, conducting research with partner agencies, and serving solely as evaluators for outside agencies.
Recent and current independent studies include:
- An Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) funded national evaluation of juvenile drug courts.
- An OJJDP funded evaluation of juvenile mentoring services.
- An OJJDP funded study on the risk assessment implementation.
Recent and current research with partnering agencies includes:
- Creating the Ohio Risk Assessment System (ORAS) with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (ODRC).
- Creating the Ohio Youth Assessment System with the Ohio Department of Youth Services (ODYS).
- Creating the Women's Risk Needs Assessment (WRNA) with the National Institute of Justice (NIJ).
- Evaluation of Ohio's Prison Programs with ODRC.
- Evaluation of Ohio's Community Corrections Act (CCA) with ODRC.
- Evaluation of RECLAIM Juvenile Diversion Programs with ODYS.