Benefits Awarded to Emeriti
Emeriti spouses and their unmarried dependent children are eligible for tuition remission as governed by Board of Trustees’ rules.
Emeriti may be issued parking privileges corresponding to those held at the time of retirement. The Emeriti permit, obtained at no charge, is made available once the emeritus/emerita status has been entered into the UC computer system. At that time, you can also receive an additional parking pass that allows complimentary parking of one use per day, up to 3 hours (fees will begin after 3 hours), in any garage when cash parking is available. You may verify your current status by calling Parking Services at 513-556-2283.
- Photo identification card indicating emeritus/emerita status.
- All privileges and discounts at the UC Bookstore.
- Office and/or lab space as determined by the dean and/or academic unit head.
- Use of UC email account and Canopy.
- Use of departmental stationery (particularly useful for letters of recommendation).
- Formal liaison with the Provost office through the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel.
- Invitations to university academic events.
- Participation in academic processions of the university.
- Listing in the Commencement Program for those given emeritus status during the year.
- Service on various standing and ad hoc committees as called upon.
- If previously eligible, continued eligibility to apply to the Taft Faculty Committee for travel funds.
- Discounts on certain tickets to athletic and cultural events.
- Use of university facilities such as the library, wellness and referral center, purchasing recreational facility membership, etc.
Listing in the UC Directory and annual college bulletins as emeritus/emerita.
Emeriti at the time of their appointment will be publicly and privately honored as feasible and deemed appropriate by the Emeriti Board of Directors.
Emeriti will receive invitations to all events sponsored by the Emeriti Association & Center, and obtain subsidies provided by the Office of the Provost for the Luncheon Speaker Series/EmeriTALKS events, as well as other educational, social, and cultural events.
The Association elects a voting representative to the Faculty Senate.
Emeriti are eligible to teach as emeritus/emerita faculty, and eligible for compensation as determined by his/her college dean.
Faculty Enrichment Center
Emeriti receive access to the Faculty Enrichment Center and can take advantage of the center's programming and activities.
If you are a TIAA/Fidelity/Vanguard grandfathered retirement plan emeritus/emerita, you and your spouse, and unmarried dependent children may continue participation in the medical plans available to emeriti as long as financial arrangements are made with UC's Benefits Office at the time of retirement. Eligible retirees of state and city retirement systems have health coverage available through their retirement system. Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) emeritus/emerita are not eligible to participate.
If you are a TIAA/Fidelity/Vanguard grandfathered retirement plan emeritus/emerita you and your spouse, and unmarried dependent children may continue participation in the dental plans available to emeriti, as long as financial arrangements are made with UC's Benefits Office at the time of retirement. Eligible retirees of state and city retirement systems have dental coverage available through their retirement systems. Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) emeritus/emerita are not eligible to participate.
Eligible emeriti may convert the amount of their current group term life insurance and that of their eligible dependents to a private whole life insurance policy. Application to convert without proof of insurability must be made within 31 days of termination of coverage. Life insurance coverage is continued for disabled emeriti if a waiver of premium application is completed and submitted within one year from the last day worked, contingent upon approval by the insurance company.