Staff Professional Development Day
Announcing the First Annual Staff Professional Development Day at UC: Your Next Starts Here
Save the date for Friday, June 19, 2020 at the Fifth Third Arena!
All staff are welcome!
Eligible employees will earn 25 Be Well UC points for attending.
Registration coming soon.
UC staff members: this is a day just for YOU. Join us in discovering how to increase your job satisfaction and move your career forward. Whether you need to create more work-life balance, develop stronger relationships at work, or are searching for a mentor, you will find valuable information and opportunities for you to explore at this exciting staff event in the state-of-the-art Fifth Third Arena. The event is sponsored by the Staff Senate, the Staff Success Center and Human Resources.
Register for a half-day session and your lunch will be provided! But be sure to register early, as spots are limited. You can also drop in anytime throughout the day to visit the expo tables and chat with the experts; registration is not required to enjoy the activities in the concourse.
Here’s a sneak peek at the event’s activities, including the schedule, program track descriptions and sessions.
- Check In: 7:00-8:15 AM
- Welcoming Remarks: 8:00-8:15 AM
- Program Tracks: Attend the morning or afternoon session for topics including Leadership, Building Teams and Networking, Wellness, and Personal Development.
- Morning Tracks: 8:30-11:15 AM
- Lunch: 11:30 AM-1:00 PM provided for all who register
- Afternoon Tracks: 1:15-4:00 PM
- Visit the Expo Tables from 9:30 AM-2:30 PM along the concourse for materials from Staff Success Center, Staff Services, Continuing and Professional Education, Graduate School, Impact Solutions, Workplace Accommodations, Office of Gender Equity and Inclusion, UCHR-Talent Acquisition, and more.
- Networking Mixer from 4:00-6:00 PM - Open to all staff.
Program Tracks and Sessions
- Inclusive Leadership
- Multigenerational Leaders Panel
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Building Strong Teams: Qualities Teams Need to be Successful
- Mentoring with Meaning
- Demystifying Networking
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Busy Person's Guide to Eating on a Budget
- How Many Plates Are You Spinning and Why? Creating Work-Life Balance
- Implicit Bias: A Deeper Dive
- Time Management
- Strategic Emailing