- Must have a minimum of a 2.50 GPA.
- Must demonstrate involvement or commitment in the Latino Community and/or for the enhancement of the Latino student experience
- Current president of LEA and/or past recipients of the Rafael Rennella scholarship are ineligible to apply for the scholarship
- Must be a full-time matriculated undergraduate student currently enrolled at the University of Cincinnati.
* Students transferring from any of the UC satellite campuses (Blue Ash or Clermont) are encouraged to apply.
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee who will be comprised of diverse faculty, staff, and past Rafael Rennella Scholarship Recipients. Applicants will be evaluated on three primary criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the University of Cincinnati and the Greater Cincinnati Latino community
- Current and Future leadership potential
- Academic achievement at the University of Cincinnati
- The $1, 000 scholarship will be awarded for the 2018-2019 academic school year, $500 per semester.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced at the 2018 Rafael Rennella Scholarship Banquet on Friday, April 13, 2018.
- The award recipients will be expected to complete a project which demonstrates Rafael Rennella's Legacy, and his commitment to the Latino community. The 2018-2019 award recipients will showcase their project during the 2019 Rafael Rennella Scholarship Banquet. Recipients will also be required to complete 10 community service hours, and will be expected to be present at designated events.
- This is a one-time only scholarship
Application Deadline: Friday March 23, 2018 by 11:59 p.m.
In order to complete you application, you must submit the following items:
- Rafael Rennella Scholarship Application
- Response to the Essay Question