UC Outstanding First-Year Advocate Award
Call for Nominations
Outstanding First-Year Student Advocate Award
University of Cincinnati
The Center for First Year Experience and Learning Communities is soliciting nominations for the UC Outstanding First-Year Student Advocate Award. This university award recognizes exceptional work in the areas of first-year student learning, development, and success. Recipients will be honored for their positive impact on first-year undergraduate students and upon the culture of our university.
In addition to being recognized at University Awards Celebrations in April, recipients will be considered for future nomination by UC to receive the National Outstanding First-Year Student Advocate award presented by the National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.
Faculty, staff, and students are eligible for nomination. Previous recipients of the local or national award are not eligible. All materials should be assembled into one complete submission per nominee. The nomination package should include:
- A 1-page nomination letter. Please include a statement that indicates whether or not the nominee is aware of the nomination.
- A cover sheet that includes the nominee’s full name, position title, UC department affiliation, email address, and telephone number as well as similar demographic/contact information for the nominator(s).
- A supporting narrative (maximum 5 pages) that:
- Describes the nominee's efforts and attributes that make the nominee an advocate for first-year students
- Provides evidence of the impact of the nominee’s efforts on first-year students
- Provides evidence of the impact of the nominee’s efforts on the culture of the institution.
- A copy of the nominee’s CV or resume
- Two letters of support from colleagues or students
Nomination packages should be submitted to email@example.com by March 1, 2018.