UC is dedicated to the safety and wellbeing of students, faculty and staff while traveling abroad.
A crisis is defined as any event that harms or jeopardizes the health, safety or security of UC students, faculty and/or staff in a foreign country necessitating immediate involvement and/or action by the University.
- Ensure immediate safety of program participants
- Account for the entire group and communicate w/ family
- Contact UC at 513.556.1111 or PubSafetySA@ucmail.uc.edu
- Take action as determined by UC Emergency Response Team
International SOS Services
- Travel Assistance Services: Call 1-800-523-6586
- Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: where Intl. SOS organizes the transportation of a Member or Mortal Remains by air ambulance, air charter, or other modes of transportation
- Monitoring of Medical Care, Medical Expense Guarantee and Payment: where Intl. SOS monitors the progress of Member's inpatient/outpatient medical care by a medical practitioner and/or guarantees and pays associated costs
- Dispatch of Medical Care and Supplies: where Intl. SOS arranges for the delivery of medicines, drugs and medical supplies which are not available at or near the Member’s location, and where practical and legally permissible