Venue: Emerald Park Date:26th Sep
MCT FINAL PICS
- 11 years since MCT first started and
there has been only one University team to
have ever won this tournament. UC started
their finals with a dream of changing
history by winning the most prestigious
trophy in the midwest. Playing their arch
rivals Dayton, against whom they lost their
last MOCL semifinal outing, UC were
determined to make the scores level this
- On a chilly day at Emerald fields,
Nabil loses another toss and Dayton elect
to field first.
- UC adopt a cautious approach while
playing Dayton's(GDCC) opening bowlers.
Natwar and Aravind slowly but steadily
builds on UC's innings with some classic
display of batting and in the process
wearing down Dayton's bowlers.
- After a steady start, two run-outs
(Aravind and Abir) put UC in a spot of
bother. Nabil steps up and plays some
delightful shots. Aided by some quick
running between the wickets, the innings
gets some much needed momentum.
- Niranjan continues his golden run down
the order with another strokeful innings.
He eventually gets out for 28 just when he
looks set for a big score. All this while
Natwar holds one end strong with an
assuring innings of 49.
- Smart bowling in the death overs by
GDCC minimizes the damage that UC could do.
UC end up with a respectable 163. UC had
been comfortably defending such scores in
- As has been the story so far, Kaustubh
rattles Sonu's stumps and deals his
customary blow to the top order.
- Arjun and number 3 hammers a few meaty
blows to put UC on the defense. Abhinav
with his fiery pace made Dayton batsmen
smell the leather and bowled Khan over for
a timely dismissal before the first
- Kaustubh, the most reliable UC's
weapon, comes back to remove Arjun and Karl
in one over, putting Dayton under huge
pressure. Arjun goes for an ambitious hit
and Prahit takes a good catch in the
- UC now get into the familiar mode and
Prahit gets to work on the Dayton middle
order with some quick wickets.
- Jay plays a great innings for Dayton to
keep them in the hunt. After coming in for
some punishment early on, Yaju gets Jay
caught behind for an important wicket with
a gem of a delivery. Even John Cena would
have felt proud when Yaju (DAWG) did his
finishing "You can't see me"
- Dayton lower order keeps the fight on.
Prahit sends Raj back to the pavilion with
an unplayable delivery and Abhinav bowls
two overs of scorching pace towards the
- Ashu and Jawad have almost pulled
Dayton out to safety when Prahit gets Jawad
plumb in a maiden over when Dayton needed
16 off 18 balls.
- Abhinav bowled a unplayable over giving
only 5 runs. Nabil brings back Natwar to
bowl the final over when Natwar bowls 2
perfect yorkers. Confusion reigns as the
last man is run out and UC win the MCT
finals by 8 runs.
- A remarkable tournament win for UC
after having their back to the walls in the
early phases and being on the verge of
elimination. A team effort all season
humbles CICC to reach MCT final (Venue: VOA
Park Date:18th Sep Sat)
- On a beautiful Saturday for cricket,
Nabil loses another toss in a semi-final.
After a team meeting CICC decides to put UC
in to bat.
- The decision seems to pay off
immediately as Raj snags Abir with the
first delivery of the game. Natwar and
Aravind slowly and steadily rebuild the
- Just as UC look to break away Natwar
(20 runs) loses his wicket to Raj.Nabil and
Aravind continue to gather singles and
doubles to keep the scoreboard ticking and
add another 30 runs before Vishal snags
Nabil with a beautiful delivery that cuts
- A few over’s later Pande is
cleaned up by a beautiful delivery from
Harish. Niranjan and Aravind see UC into
the drink break at the end of the 24th over
with the score at 96 for 4.
- In the over after drinks Aravind(35
runs) miscues a pull shot and gifts Harish
another wicket. Niranjan is joined by
Deepak who is promoted to boost the run
- Niranjan and Deepak keep scoring
singles and doubles to keep the scoring
rate above 6 an over. Niranjan hits a
couple of big sixes in the batting power
play to take UC past the 150 mark.
- UCCC puts up a respectable 172 on the
board, thanks to big partnership between
Niranjan(49 runs) and Deepak(23 runs).
- CICC start the chase in a positive
manner with Ameya driving Big K through the
covers for consecutive boundaries. Abhijeet
looks in good touch scoring runs at
- Big K cleans up Ameya with a beautiful
delivery while Abhijeet skies one of Natwar
only to be caught at long on by
- Mazhar and Abhishek look to settle in
and play a long inning. Abhishek tries to
force the ball through the covers driving
straight in to the safe hands of
- Pande tempts Vishal with a few
deliveries outside the off stump, and then
fires one in, grabbing his wickets in the
- Pande Mazhar and Harish see CICC into
the drinks break. First ball after drinks,
Natwar takes a magnificent diving catch off
his own bowling to dismiss Harish.
- A brilliant piece of fielding by Prahit
leads to Kartik’s dismissal for a
duck. In the end after being dropped 4
times, Natwar hangs on a skier from Mazhar
to complete the victory.
- CICC are bowled out for 114.UC to play
GDCC in the MCT finals.Man of the Match:
Niranjan Deshpande(49 runs).
thrashes COBCA to reach MCT semifinal
(Venue: VOA Park Date:12th Sep
- On a picture perfect day for cricket,
COBCA wins the toss and elects to bat.
- Kaustubh(3 wkts) continues his
fantastic form, and along with Aravind,
restrict COBCA to 24/5 at the first drinks
- However Abish and Chandan play
cautiously to prevent a further slide
frustrating the UC bowlers with their
- In the end COBCA gets bowled out in 30
overs, thanks to a superb five wicket haul
by Natwar, setting UC a target of 111 runs
for a place in the semis.
- Natwar and Aravind make sure there are
no tense moments, as the COBCA bowlers
snared Abir early in the innings. Natwar(30
runs) edges one to the keeper with less
than 50 runs to win.
- Aravind(32 runs) and Nabil(16 runs)
milk the COBCA bowlers at ease, not taking
- UC wins comfortably with 7 wickets to
spare. Man of the Match: Natwar Agarwal (30
runs and 5 wkts).
OICT:  UC defeats Avengers to reach OICT semifinal (Venue: Nationwide   Date:11th Sep Sat)
- Avengers win the toss and put UC in to bat keeping in mind UC?s success after bowling first.
- Abir and Natwar help UC get off to a flyer (Abir 29 & Natwar 23) before they lose their wickets on successive balls at 58 in 7 overs.
- Aniruddha is joined by Niranjan at the crease. However, both of them lose their wickets cheaply.Niranjan deceived by uneven bounce of the pitch.
- Abhinav and Nabil steady the UC innings by troubling the opponents with some cheeky and fast running between the wickets. Boundaries come easy as they make a 90 run partnership with Abhinav at 39 and Nabil at 35.
- UC set a total of 160 for Avengers to chase.UC?s bowling attack continued their form by troubling the batsmen on the bouncy pitch.
- Avengers were all down for 105 with Kaustubh, Abhinav, Natwar and Shibalik picking up 2 wickets each. Man of the Match: Abhinav Pande (39runs and 2 wickets).
MCT:  UC rolls past Cleveland CC with ease (Venue: Rhodes Park   Date:14th Aug Sat)
- On a hot and humid day, Cleveland CC wins the toss and promptly elects to bat. Aravind and Deepak respond with quick strikes to leave Cleveland CC at 33 for 3 at the end of 12 over?s.
- Vignesh and Puru bat sensibly to rebuild the innings, but the bowlers keep picking wickets at regular intervals to keep CCC in check. Smart hitting ensures CCC reach a respectable score of 175 for 8 at the end of 35 overs.
- UC starts the chase confidently bolstered by Abir?s return to the squad. Couple of quick wickets leaves UC stranded at 30 for 2. Natwar?s good form continues as he rebuilds the innings with a captains knock from Nabil. Just when UC look to break away, CCC strikes again leaving UC at 66 for 3. Niranjan walks in with UC requiring 110 runs from 20 overs. Niranjan scores a quickfire 49 including 5 sixes adding 80 runs with Natwar (56) for the fourth wicket to bat Cleveland out of the game.
- Goldy strikes twice to keep Cleveland in the hunt, but Naveen and Aniruddha ensure UC secures the win with 4 wickets in hand and 4 overs to spare.
- UC becomes the first team to qualify for the quarter finals in Division I.
- Man of the Match: Niranjan Deshpande (49 of 36 balls).
OICT:  UC lose a hard fought game to Buckeyes to end the winning streak (Venue: Emerald   Date:8th Aug Sun)
- In the second game of the day, UC won the toss and chose to field first. Buckeyes get off to a flyer with Milinda, but Aravind pulls them back with quick wickets at the top.
- UC keep chipping away at the buckeye lineup despite Milindas blazing innings..
- From 72/3 in 10 overs, UC come up with a 'now customary' choke of the opposition batting with some top class bowling from Prahit and Natwar and sharp fielding.
- Chasing 100, top order falters to some poor shots and incisive medium pace bowling.
- Naveen and Ashok inject some life into the game with some fight in the lower order.
- Ravi Patel finishes off his spell and hopes of a successful UC chase with an outstanding display of fast bowling in the final moments of the game.
OICT:  UC trounce United Cricket Club easily (Venue: Emerald   Date:8th Aug Sun)
- Batting first, United get off to a sluggish start against the pace of Abhinav.
- United come to life in the second half of the innings, capitalizing on some shoddy bowling. Ravi and Subodh hammer 50s.
- Chasing 146, UC make a steady start with Natwar(35 runs) aided by the top order.
- In form Abhinav couples up with Prahit in the middle order to ease off the nerves with some outstanding batting.
- Abhinav(49 runs) is the man of the match for his allround perfomance. The win was Prahits first as captain.
MCT:  UCCC thrashes COBCA to seal another big win (Venue: VOA   Date:1st Aug Sun)
- Cobca' s intention to utilize gloomy conditions, when they sent UC in to bat first, was thwarted by some classic
batting from Natwar and Aravind.
- After their partnership of over 80 runs, things were looking quite steady. UCCC were 122 for 4 at the end of 24th over with Abhinav and Ashok in the middle.
- Huge sixes and stunning drives got UC 105 runs in last 10 overs. It was Pandey who started and Ashok who finished it with fiery fifties. UCCC finished 227 for 6 in 35 overs.
- Kaustubh gets the magic done again, getting out the top order cheaply with some a classic display of swing bowling.
- When things started to look a little better for the Opposition team, Prahit brimming with confidence buried any remaining hopes of Cobca by claiming 6 wickets for 10 runs with great support from Bigg K's marvelous slip catching.
- UC registers another victory under Nabil winning the match by 128 runs.
OICT:  UCCC defeats MCC by 8 wickets (Venue: VOA   Date:31st July Sat)
- MCC did not get any momentum in their innings, with their batsmen playing rash and poor shots.Mandeep gives the innings some sort of respectability with a quick fire 22.
- MCC is bowled out for 93 in 16 over.
- The UC innings gets off to a slow start with Thomas and Siddharth bowling a good spell of accurate fast bowling.
- Natwar makes sure there are no hiccups with a assuring 51 not out and gets UC across the line in the 17th over.