COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Group Budget Awards
Starting May 1, 2019, the GSG will accept Group Budget Award Reimbursements ONLY through E-mail.
All application materials must be sent only to the GSG Treasurer (email@example.com).
These awards are to be used for events or purchases that a GSA deems necessary for community building amongst their constituent graduate students.
Every GSA is entitled to a fixed amount each year, based on their student enrollment. The GSG Vice-President is in charge of allocating this amount to each of the groups, as well as notifying each group of their funding amounts.
There is no pre-approval required to use these awards. Groups can use their budget award in a single amount or as several smaller amounts throughout the GSG fiscal year. Group Budget Awards have no bearing on individual student awards.
General Guidelines Expand
Please read ALL of these rules before planning an event.
- No computers / technology items / alcohol purchases can be reimbursed.
It is recommended to check with the GSG Vice-President or Treasurer when planning a purchase.
- If you are making a Group Budget related purchase through Classic Fare Catering, GSG can pay for the for the same directly. Contact the GSG Treasurer <firstname.lastname@example.org> atleast 3 weeks before placing your order.
- Kindly note that the GSG does not reimburse sales tax on transactions (such as Kroger, restaurants, pizza outlets, etc.) for Group Budget awards. Kindly present this certificate to the customer representative while making the transaction. Please note that for purchases made online, vendors (such as Amazon, Staples, etc.) do accept sales tax certificate and not charge tax on transactions.
- When multiple people have paid for items required for an event, each payee must submit their own envelope with the below materials.
- Late submissions will be rejected. NO exceptions
Group Budget Award Reimbursement Procedure Expand
- After the event/purchase, each individual who paid for any item(s) must submit the following:
- An online A114 envelope
- A completed Group Budget Claims form (PDF). Use Adobe Reader to complete the downloaded form.
- All original itemized receipts, including the method of payment (cash, credit, check).
- A list of attendees.
- Credit card/debit card transaction highlighting your name on the account with the last four digits of the card used for the transaction to be reimbursed. You’re encouraged to black out the parts which you do not want to share on the statement.
- These documents must be emailed (preferably as a single .pdf document) within 14 days of event to the GSG Treasurer (email@example.com).