Admission to University Honors: Transfer Students

The transfer admission process is for students who are transferring to UC and wish to apply to the University Honors Program. If you are a current UC student and wish to apply to the University Honors Program you must apply through the transition process.

Applications from students who are transferring to UC are accepted year-round. Transfer students must apply to the UHP during the same time that they are applying for admission to the university. Transfer students should apply to the UHP at least a full semester ahead.

Applicants must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.2 or above.

Admission is very competitive. Meeting the above listed minimum requirements is not a guarantee of admission to the University Honors Program.

The application process has three steps:

  1. Complete the online application for transfer students. 
  2. Submit a transcript of your academic work from your current college or university and any previous colleges or universities. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable and can be mailed
  3. Submit a resume with a listing of your campus and community engagements to Please include all of your co-curricular involvement / experiences (including any experiences involving leadership, invididual / team activities, competitive events, study abroad, etc.), as well as any work history. Knowing what you have engaged in so far is very important in our selection process. The resume does not need to be limited to one page, it can be longer if necessary. 

If you are admitted to the University Honors Program, you will meet with your assigned honors advisor to learn about program expectations and opportunities. Please be aware that all students admitted to the UHP are required to take HNRS1010 Gateway to Honors the semester they are admitted. 


Contact us at or 513-556-6254.