A learning portfolio is a purposeful collection of student work that exhibits a student’s effort, progress, achievements and competencies gained during a course or time in college. It provides a richer picture of learning through an efficient, dynamic and integrated process.
The University Honors Program’s vision for learning portfolios is to establish a best practice model that engages students in:
- Actively reflecting on collegiate experiences;
- Identifying linkages between curricular and co-curricular involvement;
- Integrating learning across experiences;
- Evaluating aspects of experiences as they relate to academic, personal and professional identities; and
- Communicating the integration of learning to various university audiences.