COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Workers' Compensation Information
Workers' Compensation may provide coverage for medical expenses and compensation for loss of pay resulting from absences due to work-related injuries or illness.
Environmental Health and Safety Advisory 12.2 outlines the work-related injury or illness process.
Advisory 12.2 outlines the steps to:
- Receive prompt medical treatment of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Report incidences of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Report time off from work due to work-related injuries and illnesses, and to promote the efficient return to work.
- File Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Provide a means for identifying the corrective measures that will prevent future occurrences.
AT THE TIME OF INJURY OR ILLNESS, YOU SHOULD:
- Notify your supervisor immediately.
- Report to University Health Services (UHS) for medical treatment during business hours or the closest emergency room after hours.
- Inform the medical provider at the time of treatment that this is a work-related injury.
- Complete a UC Initial Report on Work-Related Injury or Illness form [A-1352(a)] with your supervisor within 24 hours.
- Call UC Human Resources at (513) 556-6381 for workers' compensation information.