Be the Change - 2018
Give Back to Others as You Give Time to Yourself
CreatetheGood.org shares how important for our health participating in community service can be. Reduce stress, experience the “happiness effect” and participate in one of our two service projects during the event: Thank a Veteran & Stock the Pantry with School Supplies!
Stop by our Thank a Veteran table to write a thank you note to share with veterans here in our community. You don't have to know one to show your gratitude for their service and sacrifice - we'll be sure they are delivered by Veteran's Day this November.
The UC Bearcats Pantry assists students who may have insecurities and to help promote independence and success for our students. School and cleaning supplies will be the focus of this collection- see list of priority items, like pens, pencils, notebooks, and more. Please drop off new items as you register!
Event Activities, Sessions and Details
First Chance for Flu Shots from Noon-2pm
"The single best way to protect against the flu is to get vaccinated each year" CDC. Take advantage of our first chance to obtain your flu shot on campus and register now! Available at the College of Nursing from 12p-2p by appointment. Visit the HealthWorks page to schedule your specific time - choose U.C. (Medical Campus - Procter Hall) - FLU SHOTS from the list. Select your option, click "Book this Appointment" and you'll receive a confirmation email.
Know Before You Go:
- FREE for those covered under the UC Anthem medical plan.
- MUST bring your Anthem medical card AND UC ID card.
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt.
- Bring a signed Consent Form with you (available on HealthWorks page).
- Those not on UC Anthem medical plan can receive shot for $27 (cash/check payable to HealthWorks).
- Additional dates and details on the 2018 Screening Information page.
Sessions You'll Get to Choose From
As program details are available, we'll add more detail below. Register now to hold your spot and block out time in your calendar so you can be sure to join us!
- A Challenge in Change (Staff Success Center)
- Benefits Prep For Annual Enrollment (UC HR/Benefits)
- Budget Bites - Getting More At The Grocery Store (Apprisen)
- Contemporary Social & Business Dining Etiquette (Communiversity)
- Creating Your Fitness Habit (Campus Recreation)
- Essential Oils 101
- Foam Rolling (Airrosti)
- Airrosti also providing free movement assessments. Each last 15 minutes or less. Sign up at http://bit.ly/movement-assessments-926.
- Give Back To Cincy (Center For Community Engagement)
- Gut Health For Wellness (Center For Integrative Health & Wellness)
- Handing Credit & Debt Wisely (Apprisen)
- Health Rhythms Drumming (CCM)
- Learn It Live - Breathing For The Brain (Be Well UC)
- Learn It Live - Grown Up Recess (Be Well UC)
- Learn It Live - Mindful Eating (Be Well UC)
- Learn It Live - Minute To Win It (Be Well UC)
- Learn It Live - Portal Pros (Be Well UC)
- Learn It Live - Power Of Habit (Be Well UC)
- Leveraging SuccessFactors Learning to Make a Change (Staff Success Center)
- Planning For The Holidays (Apprisen)
- Preventing Cancer With Wellness (Center For Integrative Health & Wellness)
- Top 10 Outlook Tips To Improve Productivity (Staff Success Center)
- Composting Concepts (Civic Garden Center)
- Yoga At Your Desk
Drop By Anytime at These Activites
- Walkway between University Hall and Procter Hall (rain location: Univeristy Hall first floor lobby
- Center for Integrative Wellness
- Civic Garden Center
- Bearcats Pantry School Supplies Drop-Off
- Thank a Veteran Service Project
- Patio outside of UC Foundation and Unviersity Hall - Beat the Seat Bootcamp every 1/2 hour from 11am-1pm, rain location: Procter Hall 3rd floor Atrium
- University Hall 440A - Staff Success Center Meet and Greet and Q&A, and Book Swap
- University Hall 454 - Make and Take Trail Mix Bar (while supplies last)
- University Hall 455 - NEW Take 5 microbreak activites with crosswords, Sudoku, puzzles, and more!
- University Hall 445 - Benefits Drop In Q&A (Noon-1pm)
- University Hall 465 - Chat with a Personal Trainer from Campus Recreation (Noon-1pm)
- Procter Hall 3rd Floor Atrium:
- Flu Shots (Noon-2pm)
- Airrosti Movement Assessments