Be the Change - 2019
Event Activities, Sessions and Details
All event sessions and activities will be held in University Hall on the fourth floor. See the offerings listed below. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Give Back to the Bearcats Pantry as You Give Time to Yourself
CreatetheGood.org shares how important for our health participating in community service can be. Reduce stress, experience the “happiness effect” and give back to Bearcats in need with the Bearcats Pantry!
The UC Bearcats Pantry assists students who may have insecurities and to help promote independence and success for our students. Nonperishable food, hygiene, school supplies, and cleaning supplies are acceptable. Please drop off new items at the event registration! Highly needed items are listed below:
- Oatmeal, cereal, and granola bars
- Pasta, rice
- Popcorn, rice cakes, trail mix
- Fruit cups, canned fruit
First Chance for Flu Shots This Season!
"The single best way to protect against the flu is to get vaccinated each year" CDC.
Take advantage of our first chance to obtain your flu shot on campus and schedule an appointment now! Available in University Hall room 455 from 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. by appointment.
Schedule your appointment on the HealthWorks page today. Select "University of Cincinnati" and sign up for the 9/24/19 Be the Change option. You'll receive a confirmation email once your set your appointment.
Know Before You Go:
- FREE for those covered under the UC Anthem medical plan.
- MUST bring your Anthem medical card AND UC ID card.
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt.
- Bring a signed Consent Form with you (available on HealthWorks page).
- Those not on UC Anthem medical plan can receive shot for $27 (cash/check payable to HealthWorks).
- Additional dates are available on the HealthWorks page.
Check out the sessions to join on being your best self, movement, maximizing resources here at UC, and more! Details will be updated as they are confirmed. All sessions will be in University Hall on the fourth floor. There will be 15 minute breaks between each session.
|Time||Save Well with
Move Well &
Saving for the Holidays
|Learn It Live:
Cast Your Connection Reel
(Be Well UC)
|Listen & Learn
(Staff Success Center)
|Health on the Move
(Social Security Admininstration)
|Little Known Facts
about Cincinnati History
|Getting the Results
We Want: A Tool for
(Staff Success Center)
Social Security Windfall Elimination Provision
(Social Security Admininstration)
|Yoga As You Are
|Take the Stress Out
of Event Planning
(Conference & Event Services)
Drop by any time between 11 a.m.-2 p.m. to the groups listed below. All activities will be in University Hall on the fourth floor.
- Sign in at Registration near the elevators for your 20 Be Well UC points ($20 value!) - First 150 get a Be Well UC gift!
- Donate to the Bearcats Pantry Donation at Registration.
- Meet with a UC Benefits Specialist in UHall 465. You can discuss ways to Choose Well and maximize your employee benefits. Annual Enrollment is coming in November!
- Be Well UC Drop In. Stop by room 440A for the book swap, meet the Health Coach, Take 5 activities, wrap up the LOL challenge, and more!
- First chance for flu shots from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. provided by HealthWorks in University Hall 455. Schedule yours today!
- Get a movement screenings with Airrosti in room 445. These are complimentary one-on-one assessments that include a thorough evaluation, injury education, recovery options and appropriate self-care exercises (approximately 15 minutes each). Common conditions that Airrosti resolves in an average of 3-4 visits are back pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, and tendonitis among other sprains, strains, aches and pains. Register for a time slot!
- Chat with UC organizations and offices, like:
- UC Benefits
- Faculty Enrichment Center
- Healthy UC
- Staff Senate
- Staff Success Center
- Tobacco Free UC
- UC Bicentinneal
- Getting the Results We Want: A Tool for Positive Accountability. Learn about the Results pyramid, a tool for understanding how we achieve results as individuals and teams. Through this discussion you will have an opportunity to explore what contribution you want to make to UC’s culture and identify action steps for bringing these ideas to life. Led by the Staff Success Center's Tina Mahle, Staff Development Specialist.
- Health on the Move. Learn about common lower extremity conditions that are affecting millions of Americans plus valuable tips that can be applied to relieve and/or prevent lower body pain. Those who are currently suffering from a related condition will be shown best practices and exercises to help relieve the pain and discomfort. Led by Jami Turrill with Airrosti, an injury prevention provider.
- Learn It Live: Cast Your Connection Reel. Employees who are engaged and feel invested in have better health outcomes, improved productivity and creativity, higher retention, fewer errors, and are happier. Based on the FISH! Philosophy, this session will help you fish for ways to reconnect with yourself and cast the connection. Led by Be Well UC's Ashley San Diego, Employee Wellness Specialist.
- Listen & Learn. Communication with others is critical to our success. Every interaction with someone is an opportunity to develop a relationship, uncover the person’s practical and personal needs, help someone make a decision, and leave the person feeling satisfied and confident. In this course we explore the importance of active listening, effective questioning, and confirming your understanding. Led by the Staff Success Center's John Cornforth, Staff Development Specialist.
- Little Known Facts about Cincinnati History. Enjoy learning about the Queen City’s roots? Go back into time and hear about the Queen of the West from Cincinnatus to Boss Cox. Led by Judish Spraul-Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Prepare for Annual Enrollment. Puzzled about your UC benefits? Lean more about your UC benefit options now so that you can Choose Well when Annual Enrollment arrives in November. Led by Mary Uhl, Senior Benefits Specialist, with UC Benefits.
- Safeguarding Yourself: Identify Protection. Designed for adults interested in learning about financial safety. Review the different types of identify theft, why it’s an issues, what it could affect, and most importantly, how to protect yourself. Led by PNC's Stephanie Schlack.
- Saving for the Holidays. How to plan for large expenses around the holiday season. Develop strategies that will help to save more money and account for all of the expenses that occur during this time of year. Led by Apprisen.
Take the Stress Out of Event Planning. Do you help plan meetings and events at UC? Learn how to make the most of them in simple ways. Led by Led by Katy Marston, Associate Director with Conference and Event Services.
- Understanding Medicare. Learn what Medicare is, who is eligible and when the enrollment periods are. Led by Kelly Draggoo with the Social Security Administration.
- Understanding the Social Security Windfall Elimination Provision. Learn the basic retirement benefit formula and how it’s modified due to the windfall elimination provision and the exemptions to the provision. Led by Kelly Draggoo with the Social Security Administration.
- Yoga As You Are. Practice movements and stretches to ground and refocus your energy for your work day! Poses can be done in work clothes, no experience required. Led by Kelly Lyle, RYT and Wellness Ambassador.