Join us for our live programming as it's a great opportunity to learn and connect. This page highlights unique sessions for each month. Visit the Recurring Events page for ongoing programs.
Important Dates & Deadlines:
Use the table below to see upcoming offerings at a glance, and descriptions for additional details. Download printable calendar for quarter 3 (July-September) to share with your team and post in common areas, like break rooms.
Know Before You Go
- All programs are open to all faculty and staff unless otherwise noted.
- Additional events in and around our community are also often posted.
- Please be sure to register to secure your spot and so we can have an appropriate room booked and materials ready!
- Minimum attendance is required. Be Well UC reserves the right to cancel sessions that do not meet the minimum. All registered will be notified.
- Please visit www.uc.edu/visitors for additional information and directions
- The calendar is updated as events are confirmed. Please check back frequently for updates.
|Date||Time||Location||Activities & Events
Impact Solutions Webinar:
|September 3, 10, 17, & 24||12-12:20 pm||Teachers Dyer 240||Stretch & Refresh|
|September 4||8:30-9:30 am||Online via WebEx & Univ. Hall 465||Wellness Wednesday
|September 4||11 am-1 pm||Univ. Hall 454||Blood Pressure Screenings
|September 5, 12, 19, 26||12:30-12:50 pm||
Langsam Library (behind Triceratops statue)
Yoga As You Are
|September 9-October 6||Anytime!||Online||Live Out Loud Challenge|
|September 10||5:30-7:30 pm||Victory Parkway Campus||Communiversity Open House &
70th Anniversary Celebration
|September 11||5:30-8 am||Nippert Stadium||9/11 Memorial Stair Climb|
|September 16||12-12:30 pm||Faculty Enrichment Center Langsam 540G||Learn It Live: SOS
(Signs of Stress) & EAP
(Employee Assistance Plan)
|September 19||3-4 pm||Medical Sciences Building
3057 & online via WebEx
|Connect & Reflect:
Blue Zones to Live
Our Best Lives
11 am-2 pm
University Hall 4th floor
Last Chance to Earn
Upcoming Be Well UC Programming & Events
All programs in this section can be counted as a Lunch & Learn or a Pop-Up Event for 10 points each, up to 100 points.
Be the Change
Join Be Well UC for the second annual Be the Change event on September 24th from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in University Hall on Medical Campus! Eligible faculty and staff will earn 20 Be Well UC points ($20 value!), the first 150 will get a Be Well UC gift, first chance for flu shots, 30 minute educational sessions, and more!
Flu Shots with HealthWorks
Be Well UC and UC Benefits are hosting HealthWorks to provide flu shots to faculty and staff this fall. See the offerings below or download the flu shot and mammogram schedule.
- Tuesday, September 24 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Univ. Hall 455 (Medical Campus) at the Be the Change event
- Tuesday, October 15 from 12-1:30 p.m. in Bldg. A Lecture Room (UC Reading)
- Thursday, October 17 from 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. in MSB E313, next to bookstore (Medical Campus)
- Thursday, October 31 from 12-2 p.m. in Walters 100 (UC Blue Ash)
- Wednesday, November 6 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in TUC on 4th floor (Main Campus) at the Benefits and Wellness Fair
- Thursday, November 7 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in Snyder 143 (UC Clermont)
- Tuesday, November 12 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in VPCA 204 (Victory Parkway)
Know Before You Go:
- Free for those who are covered under the UC Anthem medical plan.
- You MUST bring Anthem medical card AND Bearcat card with you.
- Bring a signed consent form with you.
- Please wear a short-sleeved shirt.
- Those who are not part of the UC Anthem medical plan can receive flu shot for $27.
Mammograms with UC Health
Be Well UC and UC Benefits are hosting UC Health Mobile Diagnostics to provide mammograms. See the offerings below or download the flu shot and mammogram schedule.
- Thursday, Oct. 17 8 a.m.-3 p.m. outside of the Medical Sciences Building (MSB) near Eden Avenue (Medical Campus)
- Thursday, Oct. 31 8-11 a.m. outside in Muntz Circle (UC Blue Ash)
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 10 a.m.-2 p.m. outside on TUC Plaza (Uptown/West Campus)
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 8 a.m.-1 p.m. outside in Snyder parking lot (UC Clermont)
Call to schedule an appointment at (513)584-PINK (7465). 3D mammograms are available upon request. Annual mammograms for qualifying people are covered as preventive services. Please note the potential for additional time and cost if follow-up appointments are requested.
Wellness Wednesday JAM Session
Drop by in person or online via WebEx to ask any questions about Be Well UC, the portal, and more. All are welcome! WebEx information is listed on HR EDGE. All sessions will be held in University Hall room 465.
- Wednesday, September 4 8:30-9:30 a.m.
Recurring (Monthly) Programs
Visit the Recurring Events page for ongoing programs that happen each month. All live and online offerings in this section can be counted as a Pop-Up Event for 10 points each, up to 100 points.
Additional UC and Community Based Programs
Programs in this section are put on by other UC departments or hosted in the community, and may also be used to earn Be Well UC points.
Communiversity Open House & 70th Anniversary Celebration
Join Communiversity as they celebrate their 70th anniversary and host an open house! Did you know UC employees get 50% off one class per term and can even earn Be Well UC points?
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at the Victory Parkway Campus
- Delicious catered bites from the Jaded Fork
- Live music from guitarist and CCM graduate, Kevin Topmiller
- Chat with Communiversity instructors
- Sample some classes
- Register online or call 513-556-6932.
Quitting and reducing tobacco use is hard. Don't go it alone! Learn how to navigate tools and resources that meet your needs while being in a supportive group setting to help you plan a successful quit plan! Attend both sessions to increase your chance to succeed. Sessions can be one-on-one or in a group setting. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-556-0116 to get started!
This event will be held on Saturday, September 21 at UC Blue Ash. The walk/run starts at 8:30 a.m. Register at http://www.ucblueash.edu/about/community/dash. All proceeds benefit the UC Blue Ash College Scholarship Fund. Faculty and staff who pre-register in person by September 16 can receive $5 off. Those eligible for Be Well UC points will earn $10 in wellness points!
Every year in memory of those who climbed to save the lives of others from the burning buildings, UC’s Veterans Programs and Service office hosts a memorial run on the steps at Nippert Stadium. The challenge is to climb 2,071 steps - symbolic of the 110 floors of each of the World Trade Center Towers. Participants can go at their own pace and there is a walking route on the field as well.
Participation is free and open to the public. Event starts at 5:30 a.m. Those eligible for Be Well UC points will earn $10 in wellness points! Make sure to stop by Registration to sign in for the points! Download the flyer with complete details.