Live Happy and Be Well - 2018
Share Your Feedback about the Live Happy Be Well Event!
Please complete this survey about the event if you participated, or even if you wanted to join in but could not. As we look ahead to our Be the Change Event and Benefits & Wellness Fair - we want to hear from you!!
Check out some photos below of all the fun! Want to save any for yourself? Visit http://bit.ly/LHBWphotos to download them!
Check out the event schedule below, and/or click the image to the right for a downloadable version with descriptions of each session.
There are scheduled educational sessions between 10am-noon, and on-going activities between 9am-1pm.
Please pre-register for the scheduled educational sessions by clicking the button below.
Learn More About the Speakers & Sessions
Details will be updated as they are confirmed. Educational content permitted from speakers will be provided below after the event.
Scheduled Educational Sessions
Reminder: You must check in at Registration (Annie Laws) for Be Well UC points!
- *Art & Architecture Tours: Enjoy 30 minutes of fresh air & camaraderie as you take in the beauty of campus! Led by Christine Celsor & Marc Petullo from UC's Planning+Design+Construction. Registration highly suggested (walk-up availability is not guaranteed). Tours meet in the Courtyard at 10am & 11am.
- Become an Empowered Traveler: Whether you're a novice traveler or your passport is worn thin, come empower yourself to become a more capable, confident, and independent traveler with tips and tricks from Simone Kuzma, owner of a travel organization, Wanderlust: Wanderlearn.
- *Health Rhythms Drumming (10:30-10:55am): Drumming is easy, fun, & reduces stress! Refresh & renew yourself by making music! No musical experience or skills needed! Registration highly suggested (walk-up availability is not guaranteed. Led by Amy Dennison, CCM’s Director of Education, Preparatory and Community Engagement.
- Healthy Summer Meals & Grilling: Learn how to incorporate fruits and vegetables that are in season this summer for healthy outdoor meals. Led by Dr. Amy Bernard, faculty member of CECH.
- Mindful Movement: Learn to move more mindfully and aware of your surroundings with this interactive session led by Stacey Sims, Founder True Body Project, City Silence, & Mindful Music Moments.
- Mindfulness, Meditation & Balance: Learn to sleep better, think positively, and reduce anxieties in your everyday life. Led by Dr. Jill Gomez, LISW-S, LICDC-CS, Certified Ayurveda instructor for the Chopra Perfect Health Program, Wellness Ambassador & faculty member of UC Clermont.
- Vegetarian, Vegan & Gluten Free Cooking Tips: Learn about the difference between vegetarian, vegan and gluten free diets, and simple substitutions for vegan and gluten free cooking. Led by Chef Lindsey Cook and Communiversity.
- Yoga in Your Work Clothes: Try yoga movements to help relieve tension and that can be done at work! Led by Dr. Ruth Benander, Registered Yoga Teacher, faculty at UC Blue Ash, and Wellness Ambassador.
Visit the activities below any time between 9am-1pm!
- Book Swap: There is nothing quite like sitting on a beach reading a paperback book. For your travels this summer, we hope you’ll bring a book to share & take one on the go for your next read!
- Communiversity: #LearnSomethingNew with various Continuing Education opportunities!
- Upcycled Crafts with Scrap It Up (10-11:30am): Recycle & reuse everyday objects to make fun crafts! Make a shaker or try a cork helicopter with materials from our new recycled store Scrap It Up!
- Gardening with Greg: Plant a seed to take home, & learn proper garden tips & techniques. Led by Greg Potter, Community Gardens Coordinator at the Civic Garden Center.
Crafternoon in Room 430: Gratitude Tree, Take What You Need & Give What You Can Wall and Vision Boarding!
- UC Bike Kitchen: Check out UC Sustainability’s Bike Share system, & give their smoothie bike a whirl! Led by Daniel Hart and Erin Lefever with UC Sustainability.
- Deskercise!?: Join the Campus Recreation fitness staff for tips on how to incorporate fitness & flexibility ‘deskercises’ that can be done within a cubicle or small space! Stay for a 10-minute activity segment. Exercises are work-attire friendly.
- Tobacco Free UC 1 Year Anniversary: See the T. rex, grab a giveaway & treat, & learn about cessation resources available to you!
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP): Visit room 401 to learn about the pilot lifestyle program and your eligibility, and meet the Lifestyle Coach!