Be Well UC will educate, support and empower faculty and staff to make healthy lifestyle choices while building an overall culture of health for our campus and community.
Our Team & Its Success
Our Past, Present & Future
Our History Expand
Be Well UC has been a long time in the making. As health care costs rise and we all have additional responsibilities on our plates, the University has recognized a growing need to address health and wellness on campus. Here are some of the highlights of our history:
- Initial wellness committee formed in 2011
- Healthy Living Connection, a first try at connecting on campus efforts, created in 2012
- Wellness Advisory Committee formed 2014
- Executive Board approval for Wellness Program spring 2014
- Request for Proposal submitted spring 2014
- Portal vendor chosen fall 2014
- Wellness Coordinator hired April 2015
- Name chosen May 2015
- Wellness Ambassadors selected and trained summer 2015
- Program launched August 2015
Year 1: September 1, 2015-August 31, 2016 Expand
- Launch Program
- Establish Inaugural Wellness Ambassador Team
- Implement Wellness Portal
- Health Screenings and Health Assessments conducted on campus and via portal
- Provide a diverse set of opportunities to earn incentives
- Host focus groups to prepare for Year 2
Year 2: September 1, 2016-December 31, 2017 Expand
- Provide support/resource group opportunities
- First incentive premium reduction to reach employees January 2017
- Launch Work Well feature to tailor programming to departmental needs
- Launch Health Coaching to help with goal setting and referrals for specific concerns
- Host focus groups to prepare for Year 3
- Over 700 individuals earned over $157,000 in incentives for the 2nd program year!
Year 3: January 1, 2018-December 31, 2018 Expand
- Focus Areas: Connection and Caregiving
- Full restructure of program including increased incentives and quarterly events.
- Will launch CDC recommended YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Will create programming and materials to help address mental health issues.
- Will work to increase support for faculty & staff through promotion of benefits to managers.