COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Work Well, Serve More
Work Well is designed to help facilitiate wellness opportunities within colleges and departments to help bring options "closer to home" and to help campus leaders to demonstrate their awareness and support of a well workforce.
Service means more when it means something to you!
Did you know:
Volunteerism can: build and reveal skills, boosts interdepartmental, cooperation, attracts and retains workers, increases team productivity.
Choose. Submit. Earn Points.
- Pick an activity (examples provided below).
- Tell Be Well what you did and who participated using the Team Submission Form.
- Earn 10 Be Well UC points per activity completed (and get to spend quality time together with your team!).
Example service projects or events:
- Write cards or letters to servicemen or servicewomen with organizations like A Million Thanks, Soldiers' Angels, or Operation Gratitude.
- Collect food, toiletries, and clothes for an organization in the city like Dress for Success, Shelterhouse or consider our very own Bearcat Pantry or The Closet at UC’s LGBTQ Center.
- Select a race or walk and help fundraise for the cause of your choice.
- Help find supplies, food and toys for dogs & cats in shelters, like with the Save the Animals Foundation or the Ohio Alleycat Rescue/Resource.
- Help fund or stuff Power Packs for students in the Cincinnati Public School System with the Freestore Foodbank.
- Sponsor a family in need through the Ronald McDonald House Charities, Cincinnati Children's Hospital or the Dragonfly Foundation.
- Coordinate “Elder Helpers” for a weekend.
- Or create a team, fundraise and participate in one of the MANY walks in town that help a local non-profit organization.