COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
The Central Human Resources office provides the University Community with a team of HR experts that support our colleges and business units through a collaborative approach to handling sensitive HR concerns.
Responsibility to our Decentral HR Partners:
To ensure a lawful and consistent approach to HR functions across the University Community, please reach out to your HR Business Partner or the office of Labor and Employee Relations prior to taking action on the following areas:
- Policy and Procedural Concerns
- Regulatory and Compliance Matters
- Employee Relations Concerns
- Discipline Procedures
- Termination Process
- Conflict Resolution
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Tamie Grunow M.Ed SPHR, Sr. Associate Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
With over twenty years of higher education HR experience I have developed a collaborative and integrative style of leadership. Values for lifelong learning and continuous quality improvement with a philosophy of respecting people while achieving outcomes through facts, data, and partnerships are essential. People are the key to success while we demonstrate confidential and respectful interactions and work environments with a goal to proactively resolve conflicts together and demonstrate our values.
Together, the Human Resources professionals support creative thought and change management through respect for new ideas and demonstrating the values that lead to organizational and individual successes that benefit all. We are your resource for excellence and consistency in HR practices, so please continue to call upon us and take a moment to review the excellence in HR and expertise you will find here at the University of Cincinnati Central HR, we look forward to serving you.
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: 513-556-6381 for inquiries or appointments.
Informal Conflict Resolution Services:
Tamie Grunow, Sr. Associate VP & CHRO provides informal conflict resolution services to UC faculty and staff. Please visit our Informal Conflict Resolution Services webpage for details on this program and useful tips to help you navigate conflict.
From enforcing UC policy, ensuring compliance with federal regulation, or supporting your employees, the Human Resource Business Partners are your source for expert HR support for your business unit or college.
Hanna Awadalla, HRBP
- Administration & Finance (all units)
- Provost Office - Includes all Colleges and units that report to the Provost.
- Except CAHS, College of Pharmacy, College of Nursing, College of Medicine.
- Blue Ash College
- Clermont College
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Allied Health Science
- Hoxworth Blood Center
- Office of Research
- Oversee the Central HR Talent Acquisition & Retention Department
- Public Safety
Sara Houk, HRBP
Nikki Ryan, HR Manager
By phone you can contact 513-556-6381 to schedule an appointment with the HRBP attached to your unit.
You can also visit the Central HR office to set up an appointment in University Hall suite 340.
HR Department Directory
Staff Success Center
- Executive Director HRBP: Shelly Sherman
- Assistant Director: Jordan Menefield
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Success Center Website
- HR Compliance
- Staff Recognition Program
- Training Resources