COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
The UCHR Academy was developed around the employee life cycle - the three primary components being:
- Attracting and Hiring the right talent
- Managing and Engaging your employees
- Separation and Retirement
As seen in the life-cycle image, there are several HR components that impact all areas of the life cycle - Benefits, Compensation, Regulatory Environment, Equal Opportunity (OEOA) and Operations. Classes focusing on these are both woven into each main compnent of the life cycle where applicable and offered as stand-alone when appropriate
Goals & Benefits
- Strengthen the competence of UC's Human Resources community to ensure measureable support of Univerisity goals and missions, now and in the future.
- Identify and provide a variety of learning modules focused on providing targeted education to achieve proficiency in each topic area.
- Develop a common curriculum and criteria that emphasizes solid technical knowledge and HR competence.
- Provide access to learning, developmental activities, and other resources that are accessible through a central repository and a blended learning approach.
- Acquire the practical knowledge and tools you need for success.
- Get to practice what you learn through "real-life" case studies.
- Know when to escalate a situation and who and what your resources are.
- Gain a working knowledge of compliance and your obligations.
- Know how to ensure efficient, effective and legally compliant record keeping and retention.
- Network with HR professionals from across the University community.