COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM)
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month which is a whole month dedicated to creating a safe, secure, and resilient cyber environment. The IT@UC Office of Information Security (OIS) is one of many entities that participates. OIS has held Information Security Awareness Week (ISAW) annually since 2009 to help promote the month and spread awareness to the university community so that UC may work towards a more secure future. This is now a month-long event.
Each and every one of us needs to do our part to make sure that our online lives are kept safe and secure. That's what Cybersecurity Awareness Month - observed in October - is all about!
Additional information about National Cyber Security Awareness Month can be found by visiting the Department of Homeland Security's website.
- Location: Virtual
- Dates: October 1st - October 31st
- Topics: Below are the topics which will be covered each week
- October 1-4: Official Cybersecurity Awareness Month Kick-off
- Week of October 5 (Week 1): If You Connect it, Protect It
- Week of October 12 (Week 2): Securing Devices at Home and Work
- Week of October 19 (Week 3): Securing Internet-Connected Devices
- Week of October 26 (Week 4): The Future of Connected Devices