COVID-19 Updates:

Health & Safety Abroad

UC International is committed to student and faculty safety while abroad. We ask that you review the following resources and take advantage of some excellent programs designed for your protection during your travels.

Health Insurance

UC Faculty Health Insurance

UC faculty and staff traveling individually are responsible for their own health and accident insurance while traveling abroad. Prior to travel, it is your responsibility to check with your insurance company to verify that you have overseas coverage. If you are covered under a UC medical policy and have questions about coverage, please refer to UC HR's page on traveling abroad.

UC Faculty-Led Study Abroad Insurance

All UC students traveling abroad on a UC faculty-led study abroad program are required to have appropriate international insurance. The faculty & staff members traveling with these students will be enrolled in the same insurance plan. UC International works to enroll the group into the plan prior to travel.

International SOS (ISOS)

UC partners with International SOS medical and security advice. UC's code is 11BCAS000010.


UC students, faculty and staff can utilize International SOS in the following ways:

  • Sign up to receive email alerts for medical and security information, customizable to various locations abroad
  • Read about travel health information with medical advice, food and water safety, and cultural tips
  • Explore travel security with personal safety tips and travel risk ratings for locations abroad


Health Advisories & Immunizations

UC faculty, students and staff are responsible for their own health and safety abroad. The US Department of StateCenters for Disease Control Prevention (CDC) and International SOS are excellent resources for country specific information.

Emergency Services with the US Department of State's STEP Program

UC faculty, students and staff traveling abroad should register their travel through the US Department of State‚Äôs Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) in case of an emergency abroad.


International Student/Teacher ID Card

The International Student/Teacher ID Card (ISIC/ITIC) is an internationally, UNESCO endorsed proof of bona fide student/teacher status. An ISIC/ITIC card provides a number benefits and services the world over. This card is optional for UC students and faculty traveling abroad.  UC students and faculty can apply for an ISIC/ITIC card online.