COVID-19 Updates:

Employment & Taxes

person completing their taxes

This section contains information about employment for F-1 students, J-1 students, J-1 scholars, and dependents, as these students and scholars have visas that do not inherently mean that they will be employed by the University of Cincinnati or another employer.

If you are looking for employment information for any other visa type, please visit the appropriate page under our Visa & Immigration section.

This section also contains information about obtaining a social security number (if necessary for your employment), and filing your annual federal & state taxes. These topics can be difficult even for Americans! 

Employment by Visa Type