COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
The University of Cincinnati looks forward to the arrival of all of our new students.
All new students must complete the pre-arrival section of our new student checklist found under “Limited iStart Services” on our iBearcatsGlobal system.
- You are required to complete the “Immigration Review” and “Registering for Events” sections of the checklist.
- We will need your personal information and copies of your immigration documents.
- You will need to be scheduled for mandatory events like health screenings, orientations, and onboarding.
- You must arrive in Cincinnati in time to complete these processes before classes begin and to attend other required events. The earliest you may enter the U.S. is 30 days before the start date on your I-20/DS-2019.
If you do not complete “Immigration Review” we are required to cancel your student immigration status.
Completing Immigration Review and Registering for Events
You will complete “Immigration Review” and “Registering for Events” in iBearcatsGlobal.
Before you complete Immigration Review, you must:
- Receive your visa. For information on what type of visa you need, refer to our visa & immigration section.
- Reserve your flight to Cincinnati.
Once you have completed these items, then complete all of the items on the Pre-Arrival Checklist. The checklist is located on iBearcatsGlobal under "Limited iStart Services."
Required Documents for Immigration Review
You will need the following documents to scan and upload for review:
- your passport
- your I-94 card (download online)
- your I-20/DS-2019
- any previous immigration documents you may have, such as:
- I-20 or DS-2019 forms
- Work permits
- I-797 approval notices or receipts