Academic Coaching Positions
Academic Coaches are selected from among the most accomplished of UC students. They come from colleges across the university and are ready to aid students with a variety of majors. Coaches meet with UC students to determine student strengths and weaknesses in academic settings. Coaches are then responsible for preparing individualized responses, exercises, and references to address student needs during paid preparation periods.
Coaches may also be required to give oral presentations to student classes and organizations around campus.
Coaching schedules will coordinate with coaches' curricular and extracurricular activities, but coaches must be available monthly meetings and
Competitive coaching applicants will have:
- At least one full year at UC (by
- A minimum of a 3.5 GPA. The average GPA is well-above this minimum.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (as determined by the coaching coordinator and professional references)
- Excellent self-motivation and organization skills (as determined by the coaching coordinator and professional references)
- Availability of at least 8.5 hours per week, with fewer than 24 hours of on campus, hourly employment across all positions
For the application, you must submit at least 2 recommenders. Students should solicit letters from UC faculty or staff who have seen the student's academic, leadership, and communication skills.
References should not include personal or family friends, supervisors from non-relevant employment, or other UC students.
How to Apply:
Once you have reviewed the position responsibilities and qualifications, go back to the Student Employment main page and apply. You are able to select more than one position you want to apply for within the application, but you should not select all positions.
Questions? Contact the Learning Commons front desk at (513) 556 – 3244 or email the professional staff member supervising the position. Go to the Learning Commons Professional Staff page for details on the supervisor you should contact.