MASS Tutoring & SRS Leader Positions
Supplemental Review Session (SRS) Leaders and MASS tutors are high-achieving UC students who are interested in providing academic support to their fellow students. Leaders are recruited from colleges across the university to provide assistance in mathematics courses. The SRS Leaders’ and MASS Tutors’ primary roles are:
- Facilitating tutoring sessions with UC students (multiple locations on
- Attending all scheduled tutoring sessions on time and be prepared to assist students as required
- Providing a safe space for students to learn and make mistakes using strategies learned through the Peer Tutor training workshop
trainingsas required to continually develop tutoring and facilitation skills
- Maintaining a professional attitude about matters such as class standards, grades, and other student complaints
- Modeling appropriate professional attitudes and behaviors to all UC staff, faculty, and students
- Acting as a representative for the MASS Center on campus
Competitive SRS Leader or MASS Tutor applicants will have:
- At least one semester at UC (by the start of employment)
- 3.3 GPA or above required (and must maintain a 3.3 University GPA and a 3.0 Term GPA in order to remain eligible employed)
- Minimum sophomore standing is required
- B+ or above in the selected courses connected to
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
For the application, you must submit at least 2 recommenders. Students should solicit letters from UC faculty or staff who have seen the student's academic, leadership, and communication skills. It is strongly suggested that these recommenders be from the Mathematics Department.
References should not include personal or family friends, supervisors from non-relevant employment, or other UC students.
How to Apply:
Once you have reviewed the position responsibilities and qualifications, go back to the Student Employment main page and apply. You are able to select more than one position you want to apply for within the application, but you should not select all positions.
Questions? Contact the Learning Commons front desk at (513) 556 – 3244 or email the professional staff member supervising the position. Go to the Learning Commons Professional Staff page for details on the supervisor you should contact.