UC Aware: Dec. 3, 2021
On Dec. 3, 2021, UC Public Safety sent out the below message.
Dec. 3, 2021
Dear UC Community,
Please be aware that Cincinnati Police are investigating several recent off-campus incidents in which unknown suspects have stolen an individual’s vehicle. The incidents have occurred in the Corryville area.
It is important to be aware of your surroundings, especially at night, and follow the below safety tips.
- If you are walking to your car, keep your keys concealed until you have reached it.
- If you are sitting in your car, keep the doors locked.
- Do not leave your car running unattended.
- Lock your car doors and roll up your windows every time you leave and take your keys or key fob with you, no matter how quickly you plan to return.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If you see something, say something. It’s on all of us to keep campus safe. Visit the Student Wellness Center’s website for more information on Bystander Intervention training.
- If you observe suspicious activity, or are a victim of a crime, call 911.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
- NightRide is a free evening shuttle, call 513-556-RIDE.
- Download the Bearcat Guardian app for additional resources. The app is available for free on the App Store or Google Play. Search “Rave Guardian.”
In a non-emergency situation you can reach UCPD at 513-556-1111 or Cincinnati Police at 513-765-1212. For more information about UC’s safety resources, including the Bearcat Guardian app, visit the Public Safety website.
James L. Whalen
Director of Public Safety and Chief of Police
Local Information: Jan. 6, 2022
January 7, 2022
On Jan. 6, 2022, police responded to the 2300 block of Chickasaw Street for a burglary report.
Local Information: Jan. 3, 2022
January 4, 2022
On Jan. 3, 2022, police responded to the 200 block of E University Avenue for a report of a burglary.
UC Alert: Jan. 1, 2022
January 3, 2022
On Jan. 1, 2022, UC Public Safety sent out the below alerts.