CCM Jazz Lab Band presents a musical tribute to New York
The Nov. 3 concert features music inspired by the city
The CCM Jazz Lab Band presents "New York," a concert celebrating the music of composers and arrangers who were inspired by the city’s jazz scene and lifestyle. The concert takes place at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 3, in CCM’s Patricia Corbett Theater. Tickets are on sale now through the CCM Box Office.
Led by music director and CCM Associate Professor Craig Bailey, the CCM Jazz Lab Band is versed in styles ranging from historical swing to the avant-garde. “New York” showcases classics such as John Coltrane’s Moment’s Notice (arranged by Rob Lussier) and Johnny Green and Edward Heyman’s Body and Soul, (arranged by Frank Foster). Additionally, the concert features Bailey’s own composition, Clasanova.
Bailey, who grew up in Cincinnati, jumped into the New York jazz scene as a young musician in 1985. There, he played with Charli Persip’s Superband before joining Panama Francis and his Savoy Sultans. From 1988-2004, he was Ray Charles' lead alto saxophonist Clasanova is a track from his debut album, A New Journey, which is referenced in The Encyclopedia of Jazz.
Tickets for “New York” can be purchased online through CCM’s box office, over the phone at 513-556-4183 or in person at the CCM Box Office in the atrium of UC’s Corbett Center for the Performing Arts.
7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 3
Patricia Corbett Theater, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Tickets are $19.50; student and group discounts available. Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online.
Directions and Parking
CCM is located on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. For detailed driving directions, visit ccm.uc.edu/directions.
Parking is available in UC's CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus.
CCM OnStage patrons can add pre-paid parking to their checkout carts when purchasing tickets. Pre-paid parking is date/performance specific. CCM Garage parking rates for a performance or special event is usually available for $10-15. Learn more about parking at UC's CCM Garage.
For additional information on parking at UC, please visit uc.edu/about/parking.
- Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust
- Scholarship and Resident Artist Sponsor
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- CSO/CCM Diversity Fellowship Sponsor
- The Corbett Endowment at CCM
- Dance Department Sponsor
- All-Steinway School Sponsor
- Louise H. & David S. Ingalls Foundation, Inc.
- Community Partners
- The Joseph and Frances Jones Poetker Fund of the Cambridge Charitable Foundation, Ritter & Randolph, LLC, Corporate Counsel
- Visiting Artists & Thinking About Music Sponsor
- CCMpower: Friends and Alumni Fueling the Future of the Arts
The Strader Fund at the Greater Cincinnati Foundation
- CCM Digital Sponsors
- Dr. & Mrs. Carl G. Fischer
Gary & Barb Cummins
Jim & Linda Miller
George & Carroll Roden
- Musical Theatre Department Sponsors
- Genevieve Smith
- Opera Production Sponsor
- Rafael and Kimberly de Acha
- Opera D’Arte Sponsor
- An Anonymous Donor
- Estate of Mr. William A. Friedlander
- Mrs. William A. Friedlander
- Dr. Randolph L. Wadsworth
- Judith Schonbach Landgren and Peter Landgren
- Mr. & Mrs. Harry H. Santen
- Elizabeth C.B. Sittenfeld
- Mr. & Mrs. Thomas E. Stegman
- Mrs. Theodore W. Striker
- Mrs. Harry M. Hoffheimer
- Ariel Quartet Sponsors
- Jan Rogers
- Willard and Jean Mulford Charitable Fund of the Cambridge Charitable Foundation
- Choral Studies Sponsors
Classical Guitar Sponsor
- Mr. & Mrs. Joseph W. Hirschhorn
- Orchestral Sponsor
- Dorothy Richard Starling Foundation
- Starling Pre-Collegiate Sponsor
- Starling Strings Sponsor
- Dr. Timothy E. and Janet L. Johnson
- Thom Miles and Roberta Gary
- Organ Department Sponsors
- Keyboard Club of Cincinnati
Louis and Susan Meisel
- Piano Department Sponsors
Kevin and Nancy Rhein
Wind Studies Sponsor
- Edward Donovan and Cheryl Carter
- Jeff Thomas Catering
- The Castleberry Family
- KMK Law
- Paula Boggs Muething & Brian Muething
- Patti Myers & Alan Flaherty
- Trish & Rick Bryan
- Graeter’s Ice Cream
- eat well celebrations and feasts
The Summit Hotel
- Event Sponsors
- Buddy Rogers Music
- LINKS Sponsor Sponsors listed as of August 30, 2022
CCM Graduate Assistant, Marketing + Communications
Lucy Evans is a master’s student studying Vocal Performance at CCM. She is a graduate of Northwestern University’s Bienen School of Music, and was recently an Apprentice Artist with the Santa Fe Opera.
A preeminent institution for the performing and media arts, the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) is the largest single source of performing arts presentations in the state of Ohio. All event dates and programs are subject to change. For a complete calendar of events, visit ccm.uc.edu/onstage.
Featured image at the top: CCM student soloist Colin Palmieri and guest artist Camille Thurman perform with the CCM Jazz Orchestra in a shot from CCM's Spring 2022 Essentially Ellington Concert.