James R. Tucker: Key Accomplishments
Date: June 19, 2002
By: Marianne Kunnen-Jones
Phone: (513) 556-1826
Archive: Campus News
- Over the last eight years, led UC to achieving $48 million in annual utility savings and a 99 percent utility reliability rate by implementing innovative technologies, creative contracts and return on investment projects.
- Under his leadership, UC won two national awards from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: the Green Lights Partner of the Year Award and the Energy Star for Best Educational Materials. CG&E also granted UC its Energy Wise Energy Management Award. The university has also twice won the Ohio Governor's Award for Excellence in Energy Efficiency.
- Developed a 15-year Master Plan for housing and food services.
- Instituted 21 recognition and reward programs, 16 training and development programs, and 36 communications programs and surveys.
- Achieved a 278-percent improvement in quarterly perfect attendance figures among his staff.
- Directed a University-wide Quality Service Initiative that trained 3,700 staff and administrators, and implemented four committees and 16 subcommittees, composed of 75 administrators to address strategic and operational quality issues.
- Improved appearance ratings of campus facilities and grounds by 35 percent and achieved significant levels of customer satisfaction through innovative operational and productivity measures, such as a 77-percent improvement in maintenance cycle times.
Return to main story