To create and sustain a culture of welcome, belonging, and support for students in transition and the advising community at the University of Cincinnati
To foster an ecosystem of transfer, transition and non-matriculated student success by providing equal access to quality advising, personalized referrals, and innovative programming at the University of Cincinnati. We also support the university advising community through training and technology resources to maximize student success.
- Pathways Advising - A team of professional advisors (4 Clifton, 1 UCBA, 1 Clermont) serving the needs of transfer, major-changers, and non-matriculated populations and creating articulated pathways to goal attainment, through high-quality academic advising, resource referral and innovative programming.
- Starfish - UC’s online student success network designed to encourage connection between students, faculty, academic advisors and campus resources through online appointment scheduling. Additionally, Starfish is a platform for professors to provide early alert feedback to student through a variety of reporting strategies visible to students, advisors and other campus resources.
- Advisor Training and Development - Providing comprehensive new advisor orientation program and professional development series along with online advising tools including websites, training modules, and resources.
We are a service oriented advising unit responding centrally to the needs of the University of Cincinnati Advising Community. We do this by relying on our team members through professional academic advising, highly collaborative and creative problem solving, and project management.
We are the central campus champions of:
- Students in transition (transfer, transition (including major-changers), non-matriculated)
- Advisor Training and Professional Development
- Starfish Early Alert and Online Appointment Scheduling
- Support, collaboration and innovation with the university advising, enrollment management, academic and student success communities at large
These unique advising supports are strategically housed in CPASS to capitalize on blended resources. We rely on the talent, experience and knowledge of our team to provide high quality advising, highly collaborative creative problem solving, consulting, and project management.
We seek opportunities to improve student success. We form strong relationships with likely and unlikely campus partners to identify opportunities for referral, partnership and collaboration. We respond to campus requests gladly with creative and innovative service-orientated approach to problem solving.