COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Become a Transfer Ambassador
Transfer Ambassadors commit for one year at a time (June-May) and we typically open for applications in January for the following year.
In addition to the many reasons why students have chosen to become Transfer Ambassadors, we've highlighted a few below.
If you have any questions about becoming a Transfer Ambassador, please contact Academic Advisor, Jessica Brawand.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. We will open the application for the 2021-2022 school year in January, 2021.
Why Become an Ambassador
- Ambassadors engage in resume building activities, personal and professional development opportunities, and other initiatives that promote leadership
- Ambassadors build confidence in public speaking, presenting, and student engagement
- Ambassadors develop knowledge of UC’s campus and resources
- Ambassadors have the opportunity to network and collaborate with UC staff and faculty on various events and projects
- Ambassadors form meaningful relationships with other Transfer Ambassadors and students
Transfer Ambassador Responsibilities
- Serve as transfer student representative based out of the Pathways Advising Office during Transfer Welcome events
- Assist with set-up of events and student check-in
- Welcome, greet, and mingle with students
- Provide up-to-date and accurate information about the UC Clifton campus and its resources, as well as information pertinent to transfer students
- Facilitate small group activities and discussions with students
- Lead campus tours tailored to transfer students
- Assist with transfer programming; contribute to the development of activities that support office initiatives
- Attend full day mandatory training (April)
- Assist on at least four out of the eight Transfer Welcome events (June-August)
- Provide 10 hours of service per semester for a total of 20 hours for the academic year (August-May)