Contact: Keisha Love, Associate Provost for Faculty Development and Special Initiatives, 513-556-4381 or Keisha.Love@uc.edu
Group / Interdisciplinary Award
Faculty development consists of activities that improve the skills of the faculty members in the performance of their duties as faculty members in teaching and/or research. For example, attending a seminar series that explains how to improve teaching pedagogy is faculty development. Alternatively, attending a week-long seminar that provides instruction in advanced statistical techniques that will be used to conduct research is professional development. The maximum amount for a single award is $20,000.
- Full-time and part-time faculty members may apply. A group consists of three (3) or more applicants.
- The primary beneficiaries of the grant must be UC faculty.
- Only one submission is allowed per group.
Applications must be submitted as a single document to Keisha.Love@uc.edu by September 21, 2018, and must include the following information:
- A summary of the professional development project (1500-word maximum). The summary should describe the project, address the impact of the project, identify beneficiaries, articulate concrete products or outcomes, outline a dissemination plan, and provide a plan for sustainability beyond the funding period;
- A list of participants, including name, title, and department with one faculty member identified as the primary point of contact;
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae of each participant (5 pages max each);
- A one-page budget outline; and
- A one-page timeline for project completion.
A review committee consisting of administrators in the Office of the Provost and prior award recipients will review applications. Applications will be judged by the following criteria:
- Quality of the project
- Breadth and depth of the impact
- Likelihood of completion within the identified timeframe
- Strength of the dissemination plan
- Strength of the sustainability plan
Award recipients will be notified on or around October 15, 2018. A final report that summarizes the outcomes/accomplishments achieved and how funds were expended is due to Keisha Love August 1, 2019. Please direct questions to Keisha Love.
2017 Award Winners:
- Sonja Andrus, PhD, UC Blue Ash
- Sunguna Chundur, UC Clermont
- John Hebbeler, College Conservatory of Music
- Arlene Johnson, UC Libraries
- Lisa Meloncon, PhD, College of Arts and Sciences
- Darcy Smith, College Conservatory of Music