Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine has now announced a major new step aimed at slowing the spread of the highly infectious coronavirus disease.
A ‘stay-at-home’ order was issued by the director of the Ohio Department of Health, and the order goes into effect at 11:59 p.m., Monday, March 23, 2020. It will stay in effect through the end of the day on April 6, 2020. Violating it is a second-degree misdemeanor enforceable by local health departments.
Because the order affects all business and operations in the state, the move-out deadline is now 7 p.m., Monday, March 23, 2020, unless a student has applied for and received a prior waiver to remain in residence at UC. .
Yes, the stipulations outlined regarding UC Housing apply to anyone with a UC Housing contract. This includes USquare, University Edge, The Deacon and 101 E Corry.
Anyone with extenuating circumstances may apply for a waiver. Current residents can submit a waiver request through the Housing Portal by 3 p.m, Monday, March 23.
Log into your Housing account. The “Waiver to Remain in Housing” will be on the first screen. Complete the form. You may expect a response within 72 hours.
Exceptions to remain in University Housing past Monday, March 23, will be made for extenuating circumstances. Current residents can submit a waiver request through via the Housing Portal by 3 p.m, Monday, March 23.
Log into your Housing account. The “Waiver to Remain in Housing” will be on the first screen. Complete the form. You may expect a response within 3 business days.
Residents whose waiver requests are approved will be notified through their UC issued email by University Housing.
Yes. Students who have been granted waivers to remain on campus after March 23 will have carry out dining services available at One the Green in Marian Spencer Hall. In addtiion, Market on Main is open. See details on hours of service.
If you cannot personally move out by March 23, please try to find a family member or trusted friend who can pack your belongings on your behalf and transport or store them for you.
When you have finalized these details, please notify us and provide information to firstname.lastname@example.org, from your university email address. Include your name, phone number, residence and room number, along with the name and phone number of the person who is going to pack up your belongings on your behalf. You will receive instructions via your UC email to share with your family/friend.
If you do not have someone who can pack up your belongings, please contact us at email@example.com.
Because of Express Check Out, you may arrive at any time to move out (even non-business hours). Please note that front desk staff will be available between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., seven days a week should you need to speak with someone directly.
For questions or concerns, the University Housing Office itself will currently remain open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can reach our staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 513-556-6461.
- Move-out instructions are posted online. Students can move out anytime, but the best service will be provided between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. should you need to speak to someone directly.
- Students must remove all belongings, food and trash, and leave room in good condition.
- Key envelopes can be picked up at your Residence Hall Service Centers.
- Students will be asked to turn in keys using the envelope, by completing the information in the label fields on the front of the envelope.
- Key envelopes will be collected at Service Centers. If the Service Center is closed please deposit in Outgoing Mail slot.
- Rooms will be assessed for damage/security deposit at a later date.
Below are additional tips and details:
- You should anticipate heavier than normal traffic and lines in and around the buildings. To accommodate a wide variety of travel plans, the University is not staggering move-out in the same manner as move-in. However, University of Cincinnati Police will be onsite each day to assist with traffic coordination.
- As you arrive on campus, please park your car in the garage closest to your residence hall. We ask that you pack your belongings before moving your vehicle for loading. Parking during move out is free and all campus garage gates are up for easy access.
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while loading your personal items. Vehicles impeding traffic or left in a loading area for more than 15 minutes will be towed at the owner’s expense if necessary.
Please remove all food, trash and belongings. Rooms will be inspected after move-out for damages.
You must make your own arrangements if you wish to donate any of your belongings to a charity.
If you have moved out completely, but have NOT returned your key, please place your key in an envelope with a note including your First and Last Name, M#, Hall and Room #, and Contact Phone # and mail to this address:
Resident Education & Development
c/o _______________ (Residence Hall Name)
PO Box 210045
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0045
The University intends to reimburse students on a pro-rata basis for room and board agreements. Financial adjustments will be made by April 30, 2020.
The University Housing Office will remain open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. You can reach our staff via email at email@example.com or by phone at 513-556-6461.