- All students are required to use the App before coming to campus daily or at any points in time they are coming to campus. If residing on campus, students are required to use the App daily before leaving their residence halls.
- Faculty, staff and visitors are strongly encouraged to use the App before coming to campus. Employees and visitors may also opt to use the web-based tool.
- All are required to report (students by using the App or employees/visitors may use the App or the web-based tool before entering certain facilities. These currently include the Campus Recreation Center, University Libraries, Tangeman University Center and dining halls.
Any and all information gathered through the university's reporting process will remain as private as possible, as directed by state and local health departments. The reporting requirement will allow University Health Services/the COVID Response Team to provide education, guidance and care monitoring.
More about reporting
Employees who are not feeling well with COVID-related symptoms should report any expected absence from work to their supervisor, are strongly encouraged to immediately contact their health care provider and may contact the COVID Response Team via the App or web-based tool.
The App (required for students who come to campus or reside in University Housing) or the web-based tool asks about the following:
- COVID-19 diagnosis, a positive test result for COVID-19 or testing due to symptoms suggestive of the infection.
- Close contact with an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 by laboratory testing or with a presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19, meaning not tested but diagnosed by a physician as likely to have the infection.
- Anyone having symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including flu-like symptoms with chills, muscle aches, diarrhea, cough, shortness of breath or fever. In addition, the sudden loss of the sense of smell or taste can be an early sign of COVID-19 and should be immediately reported.
- Travel from international locales or hot-spot states.
What if I have any questions about use of the UC COVID Check App
Call the UC COVID Check Response Team hotline at:
- (513) 558-1772
- (513) 558-1773
The hotline is open 7 days a week, from 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays; and 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Or email for assistance at email@example.com