The University of Cincinnati travel restrictions and reporting requirements are based on recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and in the spirit of recent recommendations from Ohio Governor Mike DeWine.
Please visit the CDC website to keep current with all travel restrictions at all levels.
Anyone with international travel plans at this time should check the available information from the CDC and the State Department frequently for updates and the latest available information.
Remember to report travel or other potential COVID-19 exposure to UHS
University Health Services has launched a new data capture system in partnership with the Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST) that will help automate and streamline reporting and prevention of potential COVID-19 exposures for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
The following individuals from the UC community are required to report to University Health Services:
- Anyone returning from international travel, regardless of country traveled from.
- Anyone returning from travel by cruise ship.
- Anyone returning from the Greater New York metropolitan area or other “hot spot” of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Anyone with close contact with an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 by laboratory testing or with a presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19, meaning not tested but diagnosed by a physician as likely to have the infection.
- Anyone living on campus in University Housing and having symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including flu-like symptoms with chills, muscle aches, and diarrhea, cough, shortness of breath, or fever. In addition, the sudden loss of the sense of smell or taste can be an early sign of COVID-19 and should be immediately reported.
Report to: COVIDWatch@uc.edu.
- All university-related international travel is suspended through June 30, 2020. This applies to all faculty, staff, postdocs and students, and includes any travel associated with scholarly activities as a UC employee, including travel funded by a government grant, foundation, company or other university.
- All personal international travel is strongly discouraged by any UC community member.
- Travelers returning from international travel are required to observe a 14-day period of self-quarantine and monitoring. During this period, faculty, staff, and students are not permitted to come to work, attend class or participate in any other campus or community activities.
- All UC employees and students returning from international travel must register with University Health Services (UHS) via email@example.com, and receive specific guidance from UHS before returning to campus.
- As of March 13, 2020 domestic travel is now limited to automobile travel that can be completed in a single day’s time. In traveling on one-day business needs, please participate in gatherings that are limited in size to less than 150 people.
- As of March 25, 2020, all those coming or returning from Greater New York City Metropolitan area are required to observe a 14-day period of self-quarantine and monitoring. During this period, faculty, staff, and students are not permitted to come to work, attend class or participate in any other campus or community activities.
- University-sponsored domestic air travel is limited to business essential travel only and will be approved on an as-needed basis. Approval can only be given on an as-needed basis as determined a dean or unit head/manager with final approval by a vice president. This includes new travel as well as any currently booked trips between now and June 30, 2020.
- We strongly urge extreme caution and judgment for your personal domestic travel, with particular attention to known outbreak areas.
- We strongly encourage everyone in the UC community to register with UC Travel prior to their trip.
Visitors on campus from outside UC
Any visitors to campus should follow the above-listed reporting precautions and requirements. All visitors returning from international travel must complete a 14-day self-quarantine prior to entering any university facility or attending any event or meeting on campus. Additionally, all visitors traveling from any foreign country should register with University Health Services via firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entering any university facility or attending any event or meeting on campus.