The University of Cincinnati travel restrictions and reporting requirements are based on recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and in the spirit of recent recommendations from Ohio Governor Mike DeWine.
Please visit the CDC website to keep current with all travel restrictions at all levels.
Anyone with international travel plans at this time should check the available information from the CDC and the State Department frequently for updates and the latest available information.
If you are returning from an international trip, coming from another country, returning from cruise ship travel or coming from the Greater New York Metropolitan area please inform us at COVIDWatch@uc.edu. You will need to answer a few questions to determine next steps. Note: travelers from countries with widespread COVID-19 (ever-changing) will be advised regarding self-quarantine. This includes any country listed on the CDC's Designated Level 3 Travel alerts, those returning from cruise ship travel and those returning from the Greater New York City Metropolitan area.
- All university-related international travel is suspended through May 31, 2020. This applies to all faculty, staff, postdocs and students, and includes any travel associated with scholarly activities as a UC employee, including travel funded by a government grant, foundation, company or other university.
- All personal international travel is strongly discouraged by any UC community member.
- Travelers returning from CDC Level 3 countries (please see the list above) are required to observe a 14-day period of self-quarantine and monitoring. During this period, faculty, staff, and students are not permitted to come to work, attend class or participate in any other campus or community activities.
- All UC employees and students returning from international travel must register with University Health Services (UHS) via email@example.com, and receive specific guidance from UHS before returning to campus.
- As of March 13, 2020 domestic travel is now limited to automobile travel that can be completed in a single day’s time. In traveling on one-day business needs, please participate in gatherings that are limited in size to less than 150 people.
- As of March 25, 2020, all those coming or returning from Greater New York City Metropolitan area are required to observe a 14-day period of self-quarantine and monitoring. During this period, faculty, staff, and students are not permitted to come to work, attend class or participate in any other campus or community activities.
- University-sponsored domestic air travel is limited to business essential travel only and will be approved on an as-needed basis. Approval can only be given on an as-needed basis as determined a dean or unit head/manager with final approval by a vice president. This includes new travel as well as any currently booked trips between now and May 31, 2020.
- We strongly urge extreme caution and judgment for your personal domestic travel, with particular attention to known outbreak areas.
- Until May 31, 2020, we strongly encourage everyone in the UC community to register with UC Travel prior to their trip.
UC Study Abroad Information
Visitors on campus from outside UC
All visitors returning from CDC Level 3 countries (widespread sustained ongoing transmission of COVID-19) must complete a 14-day self-quarantine prior to entering any university facility or attending any event or meeting on campus. Additionally, all visitors traveling from any foreign country should register with University Health Services via firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entering any university facility or attending any event or meeting on campus.