Office of the RegistrarOffice of the RegistrarDepartment of Enrollment ManagementUniversity of Cincinnati

Office of the Registrar

Grade Changes Policy

Letter Grade

Students can confirm grade changes by:

  • Logging into the Catalyst student portal (
  • Selecting the My Academics tab
  • Selecting the View My Grades link under the heading “Audit Grades and Transcript”

Semester Grade Changes

All semester grade changes must be completed online through the Faculty Center tab on Catalyst by the instructor of the class. The Office of the Registrar may return any paper change of grade forms that could have been changed online by the instructor. Only the instructor(s) assigned to teach a course may award or change grades for the class.   

Quarter Grade Changes

Quarter term classes require the submission of a completed paper change of grade form. Paper change of grade forms are not to be released directly to students. Instructors will obtain the change of grade form from their college or department office. The college or department must provide signature approval and should send the completed form to the Office of the Registrar, ML 0060.

Prior Term Withdrawals or Section Changes

To approve a late withdraw for a prior term class, the instructor and the college must complete the add/drop form and provide a paper change of grade form. For any student who attended (W grade) the form must also include the last date of attendance. 

Prior term section or hour changes require the add/drop form and change of grade forms.  The Office of the Registrar cannot assume a student would earn the same grade for another section or less or more hours of the same class.