Ohio’s “Credit When It’s Due” initiative is a process to award associate degrees to students who earned academic credits that satisfied residency requirements at an Ohio public community college / two-year institution, did not earn the associate degree, and subsequently transferred to a four-year institution.
UC students with potential eligibility for the award of an associate degree as determined by the previous two-year institution will be contacted by UC e-mail.
For that community college / two-year institution to assess whether or not you qualify for an associate degree award and to issue that associate degree to you, University of Cincinnati needs you to:
- affirm to UC that you do desire the community college / two-year institution award of the associate degree if you have earned the required academic credits for such; and
- provide UC with your signed authorization to release your official UC academic record transcript to that community college for an associate degree eligibility assessment.
Both items above are required for this process to initiate.
A transcript fee will not be charged.
Your participation in “Credit When It’s Due” is completely voluntary.
If you wish to participate in the “Credit When It’s Due” initiative:
- list on the form the name of the two-year institution from which you may eligible for the associate degree. That institution will be identified in the "Credit When It's Due" e-mail that you received from UC.
- sign and date this form, and
- return the form by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 513-556-5708.
Please return this form completed as noted above by the date specified in the “Credit When It’s Due” e-mail that you received from University of Cincinnati.
For full information and FAQ regarding Ohio’s “Credit When It’s Due” initiative, refer to the Ohio Department of Higher Education’s online information page at https://www.ohiohighered.org/CWID.
You may direct questions to CredEval@uc.edu.