The State of Ohio allows for several exceptions for members of the military and national guard, veterans and their dependents to aquire Ohio residency for tuition purposes. Those exceptions are:
- C4: A veteran, a spouse of a veteran, or dependent upon a veteran (Ohio G.I. Promise);
- C5: A veteran who is the recipient of federal veterans’ benefits under the “All-Volunteer Force Educational Assistance Program,” “Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Program” or any successor program;
- C6: A recipient of the federal “Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry” scholarship or transferred federal veterans’ benefits under any of the programs under the C5 rule;
- C7: A veteran who is a recipient of federal veterans’ educational assistance under the “Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment" rule;
- E2: Active-duty military (or dependent/spouse) and an Ohio resident, but stationed outside of Ohio;
- E3: Active-duty military (or dependent/spouse) from out-of-state but and stationed in Ohio;
- E8: A member of the Ohio National Guard.