Diversity Funding Grant
Diversity Funding Grant Values Expand
The office of Student Activities & Leadership Development (SALD) expects programs that are supported by this funding to reflect the following values:
- Personal and Intellectual Growth: The nature of the program should challenges students to think critically about concepts of which they may not have previously and to challenge their own assumptions regarding social justice issues.
- Community: As the programs supported by SALD strive to build community, these programs should build a stronger, more inclusive community for all students and enhances the opportunity for collaboration among different groups across campus.
- Learning: The foundational element of SALD is learning—learning about social justice issues, learning how to work with others, and learning about our own biases, assumptions, and areas of growth.
- Diversity: Students and student organizations can continue to challenge others to explore contemporary issues related to systems of difference and inequality to empower them as agents of change in creating a socially just community.
- Integrity: In conjunction with UC2019, the Diversity Plan, and Student Activities & Leadership Development, programs should support students in living their values and purpose through actions and standards.
Diversity Funding Grant Guidelines Expand
Eligibility for Funding
· Programs that reflect Personal and Intellectual Growth, Community Learning, Diversity and Integrity.
· Registered University of Cincinnati student group
· Visit http://sites.ucfilespace.uc.edu/sga/sab for more information
· Event must be free and open to all University of Cincinnati students
Description of Funds Available:
· Each organization is eligible to request funds up to $1,000
· Request for funding forms must be submitted 6 weeks prior to event.
Items Not Funded:
· Food and beverages
· Insurance, member fees or dues
· Honoraria for University of Cincinnati students, faculty, staff or administrator
· All itemized receipts must be turned in within 5 business days after the event to 455 Steger Student Life Center
· Turn in all promotional material
· Online assessment form needs to be completed 5 business days after the program. Upon approval the survey link will be sent to you.