For more information, please email
Learn More about Accessibility
Are you creating electronic documents, digital course content, or website materials? You will need to incorporate elements into your materials to make them accessible to individuals with disabilities, including (but not limited to) people with hearing, mobility, cognitive or visual impairments.
Included on this page are resources to learn more about accessibility either through online learning or in-person workshops.
Noelle Bareswilt: Quality Assurance Analyst
IT@UC Innovations and Partnerships
"While the ultimate goal is to create a culture where inclusive and universal design is completely proactive, it is necessary to first make sure that any content that already exists is accessible to everyone, be it faculty, staff, students, or the public. The remediation process allows us to take inventory of what we have and complete any changes necessary to make our environment an inclusive one."
- eAccessibility: An Introduction (UC Blackboard Course)
- Modular self-paced course in Blackboard about eAccessibility created by the Accessibility Network at UC
- Blackboard Universal Design and Accessibility for Online Learning
- A stand-alone course for instructors and content developers that explores what accessibility and universal design mean and how they can be applied to online learning; created by Blackboard.
- ADA National Events Calendar
- Free Webcasts, Podcasts, and In-Person Training provided by the ADA National Network: Information, Guidance, and Training on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Web Accessibility and Section 508 Free Tutorial (WebEducator)
- Free Web Accessibility and Section 508 tutorial based on Webucator's "Web Accessibility and Section 508 Training for Experienced Web Designers" course.
Canopy Creative Space
The Center for Excellence in eLearning (CEeL) announces the opening of its new weekly walk-in services for University of Cincinnati faculty called Canopy Creative Space. Instructors will have accesses to experts in instructional design, accessibility, classroom technology, Canopy tools and more.
Join us Fridays from 9-11 a.m. in Langsam Library*
or via WebEx:
Meeting number (access code): 642 621 178
Meeting password: Scowl3r
JOIN BY PHONE +1-415-655-0002 US Toll
*NOTE: The Canopy Creative Space will move to 480 Langsam Library (in the CET&L) on (and after) August, 24 due to construction in the library.
For more information, view the Canopy Creative Space E-Currents article.