COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Advising Community Awards
These awards were established in 2018 to recognize valuable members of the UCAADA community who have made significant impact amongst our students and colleagues.
Advising Community Awards are granted annually to a deserving advisor or support professional for each of the following categories:
- Exceptional Initiative – This advisor takes significant initiative in establishing systematic improvements for academic advising and goes “above and beyond” their specific role.
- Inclusion – This individual actively works to advance an environment of greater diversity and inclusiveness for students and /or staff.
- Leadership & Service – This advisor exhibits professionalism and is an outstanding role model while providing valuable leadership service to other advisors without a specific role or responsibility to do so.
- Rising Star – This individual would be a new (1-3 years) to the profession of advising and has hit the ground “running.”
- Technology Facilitator – This person helps to facilitate the use of advising technology in ways that effectively support advisor use and student service.
- Great Colleague – This advisor advances an atmosphere of cohesiveness and teamwork within the home office. This person also provides support to peers with their advising practice and professional or personal needs.
Nominations can be submitted by faculty or staff
Completion of the online nomination form. The nomination includes a 250 maximum word statement from the nominator. Nominations are now closed for the 2019-2020 year.
The application deadline for the 2019-2020 year has passed. Stay tuned for information in the upcoming year.