The Student Wellness Center is currently hiring Peer Educators for Fall 2018!
Peer educators assist with programming and outreach across our campus to educate students about relevant issues related to health and wellness that affects our campus community including sexual wellness, alcohol awareness, financial wellness, nutrition and fitness, stress management, mental wellness, and sexual violence prevention. Peer educators are responsible for developing, presenting and evaluating presentations, planning events for the UC community, creating marketing materials, attending meetings, collaborating with campus offices and organizations, and many other tasks!
Must be age 16 or older.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
Dedicate approximately 5 hours a week to being a Peer Educator.
Must be able to occasionally work nights and weekends.
Be able to attend 2 mandatory retreat dates throughout the year and attend a 2-day (8 hour) training.
Commit to serving in the Peer Educator role for at least one academic year.
Be in good academic and conduct standing as defined by University policy.
Must submit a resume and cover letter.
See a full description of the Peer Educator Position.
Apply by March 9th at jobs.uc.edu!
The Student Wellness Center is currently hiring for a 2018 summer semester internship opportunity! This position provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on opportunity is designed to strengthen your understanding of Health Education/Health Promotion as a field, specifically Health Promotion in Higher Education, and prepare you for future employment. To apply for this internship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due Friday, Febrarury 9th! This position is unpaid.
If you are interested in working at the Student Wellness Center for a course requirement, the requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis. If interested, please contact Wellness.Center@uc.edu.
Scheduling an interview or shadow experience
If you are a student who wishes to speak to a Student Wellness Center staff member, email Wellness.Center@uc.edu to make arrangements. An appointment will be scheduled with a health promotion professional who will be happy to answer your questions.
Tips for preparing for your interview or shadowing experience
- Request to schedule your appointment with as much lead time as possible. We may not be able to schedule for the same day.
- Please explain what the story is about and/or the topic of the article when you schedule. This information is essential so that you will be scheduled with the proper person.
- You must email your interview questions to the provider as soon as you have the confirmation for your interview. Be sure to select the most important questions for the interview as the providers will have limited time. Providers will only see you if they have these questions beforehand.
- We recommend checking in at least 5 minutes before the time of your interview or call in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Due to limited staff availability, missed appointments can only be rescheduled once.