The Online Learning Consortium (Sloan-C)
The University of Cincinnati is an Institutional Member of The Online Learning Consortium.
The Online Learning Consortium ("OLC") is a leading professional online learning society devoted to advancing quality e-learning into the mainstream of education through its community. OLC is dedicated to providing access to high quality e-Education to individuals, institutions, professional societies and the corporate community. Originally funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, OLC is a non-profit 501(c)(3), member-sustained organization.
The main contacts for the University’s campus memberships are:
UC Main Campus - Melody Clark, email@example.com
UC Blue Ash - Marlene Miner, firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Clermont - Sue Trakas, email@example.com
Please contact them with any questions about this resource. Sign up for the Sloan-C email list to get updates on upcoming workshops, webinars, conferences and more.
- Member pricing on online workshops - $169 (normally $269)
- Unlimited Conference discounts - $50 value each
- Unlimited 10% Discount on publications (Please contact main contact for code)
- Unlimited free webinars (normally $99)
- FREE pdf downloads of the Sloan-C Elements of Quality Online Series books
- Quality Scorecard for evaluating your online programs: full access and use
- Access to Practitioner Documents ("Tips & Insights" from Sloan-C workshops)
- Permission to display Sloan-C Institutional Member logo on website upon approval by Sloan-C (expires with membership expiration)
- Eligible for Institutional and (some) Individual Awards
Account Set-Up /Log-in Instructions
Every person at the institution is considered a member, but each needs their own Sloan-C account log-in and password. It is important that anyone interested in Sloan-C resources sets up an account and affiliates themselves with the organization.
Please note that if you set up an account and do not affiliate yourself or have an existing account that’s not affiliated, the system will NOT recognize you as a member.
Workshop Discounts and Free Webinars
If you log in with an affiliated account, the site will automatically show you the $169 member price for workshops and $0.00 for webinars.
If you log in with an affiliated account, the discount code will be found on the left hand of the conference registration page in a gray box. Please note that there is a different discount code for each conference and you will need to go to a particular conference’s registration page to see the valid code.
If you do not have an account already, please follow the instructions below:
How do I create an account affiliated with my institution/campus (UC-Main Campus, UC-Blue Ash or UC-Clermont)?
1. Click here to create a free user account.
2. Once you complete your registration, you will be sent an e-mail and asked to verify your account.
3. Once logged in, click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the home page. You will be brought to your “My Account” page. Click on “Edit Profile” to affiliate your account. Please enter your name and organization in the spaces provided. (Please make sure the organization name you type in matches the one listed on the membership list.)
4. The system will now recognize you as a member. Go to the member resources page for details on your membership benefits such as free webinars and access to the JALN.
I already have a user account. How do I make sure I am affiliated with my institution?
1. Please log-in to www.sloanconsortium.org.
2. Once logged in, click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the home page. You will be brought to your “My Account” page. Click on “Edit Profile” to affiliate your account. Add your organization name in the space provided. (Please make sure the organization name you type in matches the one listed on the membership list.)
3. The system will now recognize you as a member. Go to the member resources page for details on your membership benefits such as free webinars and access to the JALN.